View Poll Results: How much weight did you gain during your pregnancy?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I lost weight (weighed less than pre-preg weight)

1 3.70%
  • Up to 5kgs

1 3.70%
  • 5-10kgs

2 7.41%
  • 10-15kgs

11 40.74%
  • 15-20kgs

7 25.93%
  • 20-25kgs

4 14.81%
  • 25-30kgs

0 0%
  • 30kgs+

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much weight did you gain during your pregnancy?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default How much weight did you gain during your pregnancy?

This is a poll to see how much weight our members gained at full term pregnancy. Remember that every pregnancy and person is totally different, there is no right or wrong answer and what is healthy for one person may be different to the other. If you are concerned about weight gain / loss during pregnancy, please speak to your Ob or GP.

Feel free to discuss this topic!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

i actually voted cause it was in the same category for both my boys

Kameron - 9kg
    Lachlan - 6kg (lachlan was actually heavier born as well)

Love :smt049

I voted in the 10-15kg range....I'm not 100 per cent sure though!!
    But this is the weight that I'm aiming to lose!

Jo

I only put on 5kg, which I was amazed at, and when I had given birth I found I had lost 12kg! Best diet I have ever been on, most rewarding!

I put on about 7 kilos with Nicholas but I hate to think what I will put on with this one

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Pietta Guest

I am assuming I wont be putting on much more weight before Riley is born so I voted in the 15-20 category coz I have put on 13 already. So I was being generous just in case!!
    I am looking forward to seeing just hopw much of it was fluid and Riley!!

I find this subject amazing ......some of you put on such little weight!! anything less than 10kgs is so little....did you eat??? he, he!!

I put on 13-14kgs with my first AND i continued to run every day right up to the birth of my healthy baby boy!! Yes, I ate alot, but was consuming alot of energy too!!

This is a normal weight gain I know, and I am considered on the light side for my height (I am 174cms and 58/59kgs)....

I am the same as you Lucy, I lost weight during pregnancy I put on about 8 but lost 5 kgs straight away. I think its due to being overweight to start with though as I know its a common thing to happen. Fingers crossed with the next one I can lose even more

*hugs*
    Cailin

how long did it take for you new mums to lose the weight after the birth of your bubs?? I found I lost an amazing 10 kilos in just a week, then slowly lost another 2 over another 3 months or so and did not lose that last kilo until my bub was about 9 months old. i remember feeling really 'the same as pre pregnancy' at my baby's 1st birthday..... toned etc.....but it took a lot of running and ab work and patience........

that 'little bit' around the abdomen took much longer than I expected to go away !!!!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I put on between 20-23 kilos with Marisa. I lost it all fairly quickly, and even some of my pre-preg weight! I was very happy with that, although I think it was more to do with the fact I didn't eat much because I was so stressed with the problems with had with Marisa (her being so clingy and her bad sleeping etc).

I'm headed back towards the 20kg mark again this time, but it doesn't phase me at all. Both times I did very little exercise due to back problems - I stupidly thought doing yoga would be safe but made it worse so I was pretty much at home the whole time. This time I am chasing a toddler all day, so I think the weight gain has been slower because of it.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I had a MASSIVE gain of 38kg!!! Which was a gain of more than half my body weight from pre-pregnancy weight.
    I am equating it to the fact that I was underweight to begin with, plus quit smoking and other unhealthy habits, and started eating about 3 times as much as I normally would have...
    By eight weeks after Aidyns birth I had dropped 17 kilo's. And have lost another 4kg on top of that in the past 2 months. But I still have at least another 10kg to lose before I will be even remotely satisfied...

with josh i put on roughly 20kgs, i weighed 57 before josh and after josh i weighed somewhere around the 80kgs mark, still havent lost that weight and am sitting at 65kgs.. wonder how much itll be this time

LEsley

I put on around 11 kg... but in the first trimester I lost at least 6kg and then I put on around 17 after that... so who knows... BUT in the first two weeks I lost 9kg and now I'm back to where I was pre pregnancy, but I'd like to be where I was at the end of the first trimester...

lulusmum25 Guest

I put on 15 kgs, was 85 to begin with and went up to 100kgs! I lost 10 kilos in the first 2 weeks and have still kept 5 kilos. I would love to lose that last little bit need to find the confidence in me that says I can lose it and keep it off!

:hbeat: Susan

luke's mum...........48kgs??? how tall are you? This sounds so skinny!!

Funny, I remember wanting to hear all about how quickly you can lose the weight off after baby and being very worried (as many women do). But what I did not realise is that your body shape is a bit different afterwards..........my hips and bum are actually smaller but it took some time (like a year!) until my abdomen was flat again (and toned!!). As for my chest.........well, I didn't have much to start with anyway, and being an athlete......it just gets in the way anyway! Push up bras always do the trick if I want a bigger bust...he, he..

What sports to other mums play?

Minka Guest

I voted 10-15 which is my average. My first I gained 8kgs, the second 10kgs, the third 12kgs and I am up to 14kgs with this one already! With my first I lost all the weight and was back to pre-preg weight within a month or 2. I didn't have enough time to quite make it back to pre-preg between 2-3-4 so I'm expecting to have a jelly belly for life after this one!

poodleowner Guest

I wish I was one of the lucky ones that put on such a small amount.
    I started off at 46kilos and I was 65kilos when Christian was born which was 3.5 weeks early.
    9 months later I am 51kilos so I still have 5 to go.

savage_t82 Guest

I put on 25.5 kgs with my first baby and at the time i didn't have a car so i walked evrywhere. But with my second i put on only 8 kilos and i didnt really exercise.
    I lost the 20kgs after josh within a month.

It depends on our size before too. i was underwieht when fell pregnant (only 45kgs AND I'M 172CMS) so the doctor said id put alot on cause i needed the extra weight anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast