Thread: I need some help

Unhappy I need some help

Does anyone know any ways to get bub's to engage - i walk at least an hour a day all up, sit forward when sitting down etc but bub doesn't want to move down!!

I'm at a loose end - I have had the breeziest pregnancy and now have hit a wall with bub not wanting to come out!!!

oh hunny

I have heard walking up and down stairs is good or rocking on a fit ball?

I'm pretty sure that some bubs don't engage until labour......

Oh you poor thing! I know how you feel, i remember feeling exactly the same!They say that it may not engage until you're in labour too, so why not continue walking, have a spa (not too hot!) and REST! Trust me, the last thing you want is to go into labour tired. I know you've probably heard it before but it will all happen when it's good and ready.
    Have you tried drinking raspberry leaf tea? i found it gave me some cramping sensations which may help wiggle that little head down..worth a try if you're at a loose end!
    Good luck!

Flynn didn't engage til labour, and I know this isn't what you want to hear right now (but someone's gotta say it so it might as well be me ) but if your EDD was the 4th and today is only the 6th then you have a little bit of time before you need to start "worrying" IYKWIM?

Some people I know swear by accupuncture to induce labour, bout only once bub is at least a week overdue.....

Not much help I know, but thinking of you

Its not unusual for the baby not to engage until you are in labour

Oskar was only at the 4/5 stage when I went into labour. So he wasn't considered engaged. We have stairs in our house and I'd heard the same as Danni so tried walking up and down as often as I could and also walking up and down my verandah...lol. I don't know if any of this helped but he was only 4 days past EDD. I think really when it comes down to it, anything you do will only really help if the baby is ready to come out.

belinda3 Guest

i know how you feel, i am 40 plus 5 days, and so frustrated, i am trying acupressure, reflexology and nipple stimulation to move things along with no luck yet. i do think nothing really works unless baby is ready, but it wont stop me trying! i just tell myself no baby stayed in forever.
    belinda

I know how you feel too! Natalie didnt' engage until a couple of days before I went into labour, and she was a week overdue. I was really depressed on her due date because she didn't look anywhere near wanting to move.
    Everyone's said it, but try to relax (I know its hard). When you sit down, try to do it on a dining chair that you can straddle and lean forward so you're resting your arms on the back rest IYKWIM - I was told that that helps to get bubs into a good position. (Plus, I found it really comfy - even during labour )
    All the best. Not long to go now.

Try lots of squatting, have you read active birth, they have lots of exercises in there. Is bubba right way round or posterior? Ariya wouldn't engage and I'm pretty sure it was because she was posterior. Hoping bubba gets moving for you soon!

I had acupuncture and the first time I had it when I sat up Jovie engaged. It was like I felt her plop down into the pelvis as I got upright.... and I had to have someone help me get up too because I couldn't do it!!

Also everytime I had acupuncture I would have contractions for a few hours afterwards, and when I had 2 massages the first time I had contractions, and the second time I went into labour a few hours afterwards.

Goodluck!! Its frustrating I know. Matilda was semi engaged until 40 weeks and then popped out and didn't engage again until 42 + 2 days. Jovie was engaged from the first acupuncture appt at 38 weeks.

Thanks girls, I think I needed reassurance as the info the dr gave me scared me in a way. As one of the options was that if they induced me and bub's still hasn't engaged they will try to help baby engage by pushing up the top. Sort of freaked me in a way. I think I have my head around it a bit better now and as I keep saying it will happen when bub is ready to.

Thanks again girls for the reassurances

Iona

Pushing the top was a very common practice ......

30+ years ago!!!!

LizzysMum Guest

I was induced last time and DD's head wasn't engaged yet and nobody pushed me!!!! It sounds horrid. She moved down during early labour - well if 4 hours is still early!!