Thread: I want out!

Default I want out!

Well I don't really know where to post this, so thought here would do.

I'm feel really down at the moment about having to wait for bubs to come. I just wish she would come out to meet us. Only 4 days til my due date. I don't wanna go overdue, but i'm starting to get a feeling that I probably will. Getting a few niggling pains here and there but nothing to get excited about as they just go away after about 20 minutes.

Last Wednesday at my doctors appt. my fundal height was measuring 40 weeks. So there's probably not much room left in there, if any at all. So why doesn't bubs wanna come out?

I heard that being overdue has a lot to do with genetics. Since my mum was 22 days overdue with me, i'm starting to get a feeling that i won't go into labor at all and have to be induced. That being one of my fears as i really want to go naturally. If i do have to be induced though, it won't be until i'm 2 weeks over at the least!

For the past three days i've been nesting like crazy! Washing bubs clothes(again), making sure the nursery looks just right, packing and repacking my hospital bag(making sure i have everything). I thought major nesting was a sign that labor was not far off? Well it doesn't look like it to me.

I've also had my show(twice) and still nothing is happening. I've tried numerous things to get things moving, eg. Raspberry Leaf Tea, sex, curry, chilli, anything spicy really(only resulted in very severe heartburn!), long walks, nipple stimulation etc. None of which even brought on any braxton hicks. The only thing i won't try is caster oil, coz apparently it can make the baby pass meconium(sp?)

It's all really making me feel very upset, tired, cranky, and basically just fed up. The only thing I can do is wait, i know. But i am so ready to have this baby, to take on the responsibility as a mother, to feed her, to cuddle her, to tell her i love her. No matter what i do, i just can't stop thinking about it. It's driving me crazy.

Deep down, I know i'm gonna meet this baby soon(she can't stay there forever, can she?) but it really does feel like an eternity and that that day is never going come.

Sorry for my huge whinge, but it needed to come out. I felt this was the best place to say it as you are all very wonderful, supportive and understanding people.

Thanks for listening.

BIG HUGS Tegan!!! Its the absolute worst waiting!!! I know... I started having regular BH's at 38 weeks and Matilda was SSSSOOOOOO late!! GGrrr....

You are doing everything you can! All I can suggest is sleep as much as possible... I know its uncomfortable but enjoy having a few minutes to yourself as well!! Because it will all be gone soon! Hold tight!! She's coming soon!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Awwww Tegan *huge hugs*

I know exactly how you feel, pregnancy is such a special time but that doesn't mean it's glamourous, as t.v. portrays!!!

My mum was overdue with all four of us, up to 10 days was the longest (I was 9 days late). However, Marisa was 2 days early and Elijah was 9 days early. So your own little precious bundle will come when they are ready. It truly is much nicer and a stack less painful to go naturally if you can - try not to let yourself be convinced to be induced. I can tell you, from Marisa being augmented and Elijah not, the contractions were soooooooo very much more painful and on top of each other when drugs were involved.

Hang in there chick, you're soooo close now! I know your body is probably aching, you're tired, exhausted and emotional, but you can do it! Gees - my little man is now 4 weeks old - that has flown like anything.

*huge hugs* and lots of natural labour vibes your way...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi Tegan,

I don't think there are many pg women that don't feel like you towards the end. I can't imagine what it's like for you as I am only 7 weeks but try not to worry. Try to trust nature on this one and hang in there, nature is usually right and your bubs will come when it's time.

Gemma.

Dear Tegan;

Bubs will come when she is good and ready, which (unfortunately) isn't always when YOU are good and ready! But it is always better for her to be ready to meet you.

And it will be soon. I'm sure. There has been so many new babies born in the past few weeks that I'm positive she will meet you soon.

And just imagine all the wonderful gifts she will get from Santa!

Best wishes (and labour dust to you too!)
    Regards;

Poor thing Teagan! Its hard waiting. My mum was 2 weeks overdue with my brother and on time with me. I had Alana 9 days early. Also I had no idea that she was going to come, it was a complete surprise when my waters broke. You just never know!!!

Good luck!! I hope baby comes soon and you have a nice easy labour!

Tegan, you poor soul. It seems like time just slows right down when your baby's almost due doesn't it and I bet that this heat isn't helping either!! :contract: :contract: . I'm sending lots of labour vibes your way. I hope to see your birth announcement very soon.

Awww Tegan, big :hugs: for you.

What you need to do now is put on your stern mummy voice & say "Come out right now!" LOL! Sorry, I haven't been there yet so don't know what to say.

Just know I'm thinking of you & waiting for that SMS saying Lily is finally here.

Sending heaps of labour vibes your way....

Oh Tegan, you poor chook.

Reading your post was exactly like reading a post of mine from way back last February! In fact, I think I emailed Kelly and KelliD the exact same type of thoughts as you are going through!

Olivia was 4 days late, and it felt like an eternity.

I was shattered, huge, hot and totally over it. So I REALLY know how you are feeling, especially as you just want to finally get to meet your little one.

I have no advice really, but I found that if I could sleep through the day that it helped. (You'll have to look in Adults Only for my method of getting to sleep!) Sleeping through the day passes the time and I am sure you need the sleep as you are not getting much at night?

Good luck........

:hugs: Tegan... its definately not a great feeling when you're waiting out the last few days.
    I remember at my 39wk appt my midwife telling me I would most likely go overdue and need to be induced as there was no sign he was coming out any time soon. But my waters broke the very next day!!

However it sounds like everything is very ready for little Lily to make her entrance, so I am [-o< ing for you that it will be very, very soon!!!

I agree with the advice to get as much sleep as you can... as once Lily is born you will probably have a serious lack of sleep for a couple of months. I remember it was a huge shock to my system losing so much sleep, and I would look back on my PG days of 15hours sleep with nostalgia, LOL!

Tegan, Unfortunately I have nothing to add. Babies come when they are ready and this is the way they set it out for the rest of your life, your forever waiting for them. I found that during the last week or so I actually lost weight before I went into labour and I think my measurements went down aliittle too. Don't know if this happens to everyone one but it has happened in all my pg so I found it to be a good sign.

I will back Ambah on saying to get as much rest as possible. labour and birth are both tiring things to do so you will need your energy. Try not to push yourself too much and just listen to your body.

Your little girl will be here before you know it and believe it or not there will be days when you wished her back to the inside where she is quiet and comfortable.

Take care
    Trish

More hugs for you, Tegan.

My daughter was a week late. On my due date I didn't know what to do with myself as it was my due date - doesn't that mean my baby is meant to come today????? (Of course I knew the statistics and hung in there).

Your beautiful girl is just making sure it's absolutely the right time. She'll be here soon and you will make the best mum for her.

In the mean time, as it's been said above, try to relax and enjoy the time for yourself. Sleep, shop or go for a swim. Whatever it is that you really love.

It's going to happen. Don't you worry. She CAN'T stay in there forever!!!

Scarlett Guest

:hugs: for you Tegan, I hope she makes an appearance soon - on the upside there is definently less time left that has gone. Not sure if that is helpful or just more frustrating.