Thread: icky question

Felix Guest

Default icky question

Hi Ladies,

this is a bit icky but I thought I'd ask anyway.... Twice today when I went to the loo I noticed clear smallish blobs of mucous (like EWCM), which is very different to the normal discharge that Im used to.

Im wondering whether this could be part of the plug and if so could this mean that labour is imminent or is it more that my body is getting ready?

Ive had no other labour symptoms to date. I would appreciate knowing if any of you had anything similar and if you can share your wisdom.

Im a bit worried about baby coming too early. :-k

I think the mucus plug is usually coloured with a bit of blood not clear but maybe not always. I'm not sure what the EWCM could be from - maybe your body is having some hormonal changes now you're getting near the end of your pregnancy.
    I hope someone can give you a more usefull answer than mine.

jelliebean Guest

Felix,

Mine has been like that too lately but, apparantly i'm getting over thrush that i didn't know i even had.....

The plug can have blood but, not always....... In my last pg (this is my 3rd) I lost my plug around 36 weeks. I only knew it was the plug because it was really thick and lumpy and lots of it. My Gp confirmed it.... I didn't go into labour till 38 weeks and 6 days.... My sister in law lost her plug around 35 weeks too, she ended up being induced as she weent over due...

So don't be too alarmed if it is, it's not a sign you're gonna go straight into labour...

Every now and then throughout this pg I have been getting globs of clear cm. Usually your mucus plug is tinged with blood, so I doubt it was that. Try not to worry, i doubt you will go into premature labour.

If you are really worried maybe go and see your OB.

Hi Felix

If this mucous wa thick like jelly then it was probably part of the mucous plug. If it was thinner then it is just CM which can change during pregnancy.

The mucous is usually blood stained but sometines it is clear. Also sometimes the first part of the plug then when more come away this is blood stained.

Hey Felix,

I don't remember seeing you in our "Due in February" group - maybe you want to pop in there? There's quite a few of us!

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19869

Snowy

About 4 weeks ago I had something as to what you are talking about I described it has looking like those baby jelly fish you see on the shore except not quite that big but it was a fair decent size I was a bit worried but my midwife said it was nothing to worry about and completly normal

Felix Guest

Default Baby is born

Hi everyone,

thanks for your responses. Turns out that it was the plug!

My waters broke on Sat 4am in the am - went to hospital. I was induced on Sun at 6.45am and gave birth to a little baby daughter 'Mia Olivia' at 11.21am. She is absolutely beautiful.

I was 35 weeks pregnant and 6 days. Looks like baby couldnt wait to meet us. Baby is doing fine, after undergoing a brief spell of therapy for jaundice.

What an amazing experience it is to give birth. I still cant believe it has happened.

yay Felix
    Thats great news

WOW Pat, CONGRATULATIONS!!! =D>

Congratulations Pat and DH.
    Welcome to the world little Mia!

Congratulations Felix on Mia's safe arrival

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh wow! Congrats Pat on the early arrival of Mia