Thread: Ideas to live out the waiting game:

Default Ideas to live out the waiting game:

So when most of us approach our due dates, or go well & truely over our dates, a lot of what we do is sit around & check each niggle & wait & see...

What are some activities to occupy our minds??

My favourites of the week are:
    *Hire dodgy 80's videos and laugh at how ridiculous everyone looked & how much I LOVED it!
    *Walk, and walk and walk and walk...
    *Reorganise furniture that was fine the way it was.
    *Eat....vomit...eat...vomit....eat, eat, eat... vomit

Can I pass on the eat - vomit cycle??

I spent alot of time getting things organised. Cats vaccinations, folding baby clothes, shopping, walking, walking walking walking.....
    I'm so not going to do the DVD's this time around as I reckon I sat on my arse for too much last time helping Jenna be posterior!

Besides Christy - I'm not convinced you will be late this time....

I did alot of walking around shopping centres. Not exactly buying anything but just walking. This time i think i will be doing the same, but we live near the beach now so ill be walking along that!! Goodluck with the labour,
    Jenni

LOL Fi... only if your lucky this time!! It seems to be a big game for me this week... lets see how much you can vomit! Then I get hungry and soon enough, yep... its all gone. I forgot about walking around the shops... I did that a lot with Matilda, but this time around I can't see any good thing about walking with Matilda... may chuck her in the pram today & get out of the house.

Faff about on BB for hours on end.....
    Wash and rewash cloth nappies....mmmm, so soft!
    Try to start up a blog for baby where we can post my belly's evolution and one day soon first pics of bubs.....
    Walk around shopping centres looking for summer breastfeeding tops....
    Fret about labour and how the midwives will react to my birth preferences!!
    Re-read BB birth stories! Let the reality of labour set in!

Yeah a good friend on BB, Thanks Cai! suggested it & it was a brilliant plan! I saddle up to the TV when Matilda is asleep & lay there like a lump crying & laughing... when Matilda is awake I'm generally running after her so that keeps me busy & trying to get a spare minute or two at a time on BB.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Early Labour and Tips For Coping At Home

Make sure you are all sitting with your hips above your knees and no slouching LOL
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

LOL Kelly I practically have that article memorised now

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

PML!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

My DH would never let me mow the lawns, he would say that I didnt' do it neat enough, LOL, but 4 days before DS was born I managed to convince him, just so it would keep my mind off things and try and pass the time. So there I was massive tummy, walking back and forth mowing the lawns....DH thought it was amusing so just had to take some pics.

I also would reorganise the nursery, furniture and all. I would start in the morning and by the end of the day, be absolutely exhausted and the room would be back the way it started....but it helped waste the day away, and bring me a day closer to having bubby.

Oh yeah - I gardened last time too. I spent a day with a shovel weeding with everyone in the street stopping to ask me if I should be.
    I was already about a week over at the time, so there wasn't going to be much it coulda done to bring on prem labour!!!

preg_mummy Guest

i still have 7 weeks to go but its starting to slow down.... and all i can say is thank god for the interent

I remember with Xander i worked up until my due date (was working in telemarketing, so it wasnt too bad) and then up until the day before he was born, (17 days over) i kept washing everything in his room, scrubbing the walls and floors, shopping... Trying to get something started!! It didnt help, i still had to be induced...

Oh, and i watched lots of movies. I didnt have BB at that time

Quote Originally Posted by Fi View Post
    Can I pass on the eat - vomit cycle??

Besides Christy - I'm not convinced you will be late this time....
    Christy, I want to pass on the vomit cycle as well...me and vomit are not happy partners!!

Fi... she's late!!

Yep late as....

I hope I didn't jinx you Christy I already have people telling me I might go early, and as nice as it would be, I'm not counting on it.
    Lucky there is a child to keep myself busy this time around!

I think I have the eat-vomit-eat-vomit cycle beginning.
    I'm sick as.... I'm ready for a spew, but I think it has more to do with the large cream filled pastry I just ate. But yummmmm I could still eat more.

Anyone want to babysit Jenna so I can lie in bed and feel sorry for myself??