Thread: if i drop early will baby come early ??

Red face if i drop early will baby come early ??

ok , so i have dropped , i can feel the baby way low down and there is alot of room between my boobs and top of tummy , if a baby drops early , will it come early ...

im asking this because i have has comments in the past week (many times)
    like : you've dropped , the baby will come soon ..... or you've dropped , its your dute date near??

so i have no idea .. im leaning towards the answer that she wont come ealry .. but there is alot of pressure down there so i just dont know ...

Smile

I am 3 cm dilated and haven't dropped yet. If you check on antenatal records it should say 3/5 (and Up arrow) in the descent column. Apparently thats nearing to labour.

I don't think anyone can tell you. Sorry. Not much help am I.

I've dropped early with all the boys and they have all been term babies, and I've also had all the same comments that you are getting.

I'm sure bubs will come when ready .

hugs xoxo

With Nina she started engaging at 32 weeks, and was born at 37.5 weeks.
    With Emily she started engaging at 36 weeks, and was born a day early.

I droped with DD1 at about the same time you have feels like you cant sit or walk due to a very hard head in your way LOL anyway she came at 38 weeks and believe it or not droped even more the week leading upto her birth, got so bad I couldnt drive my car as her head was in the way went I was trying to change the pedels (sp?)

Zander engaged at 28 weeks & wasn't born until 41 weeks, so nup not necessarily an indicator of going early.

I've dropped early with my son and went two weeks over then induced. So No not an indicator of going early.

she is sitting so low right now , i can feel her movements in my butt !!!! and head moving around down there it feels like im holding a bowling ball up my hoo ha !!

Not in my situation, DD dropped around 30ish weeks and she wasnt born till 41+1 weeks and DS has now dropped but I doubt he is coming out anytime soon.

For me #1 dropped at 28 weeks and wasnt born until 41 weeks and #2 dropped at 30 weeks and was born at 39+4 weeks. So even though #2 was born before his due date it wasn't by much so i really don't think it's any indication of bub's arrival.

Charmalea-PMSL you poor thing having the bowling ball feeling. I had the opposite, baby wasnt engaged or dropped but I went into spontaneous labour the next day. This baby will do what it likes, even if it does unfortunately cause mummy a bit of discomfort and pain. Goodluck with the rest of your pregnancy, my thoughts are that you are having a boy.

helen at my 20 scan and a 4d scan at 30wks both showed i was having a girl , you got me worried i could pop out another boy !!
    i jsut havent changed my ticker yet !!

Hehehe I may just be getting vibes from one of my own, I wouldnt worry. If the scan says girl then I would be more confident of that than me.LOL.