Thread: Im finally here too :) + a ?

Default Im finally here too :) + a ?

Im finally here, seems like Ive been waiting a lifetime for this!

I have a ? re bubs weight/weight gain in the third tri. Ive never been given an estimate of how much my little man weighs, but Im feeling enourmous and he is snuggled up in my ribs already.........
    Did anyone else get weight estimates from their u/s's or Dr's?
    At what rate do they gain weight in the last tri?

Im super worried about having a big bub.

Oh 1 more ? - anyone notice an increase in cervical mucous or vag discharge?

Not sure if they know the weight, but they usually just measure your tummy to get an idea of the size. Not sure about the rate of growth in the last tri, but i seemed to just go bezerk in size in the last 4 weeks. Alot of that was fluid too. I looked quite big as i am short!!!LOL . I think i was as wide as i was tall in the end. All good though, its so gradual, and you will cope just fine.
    Yes, i do believe i was getting extra CM later in the preg about the third tri. I think some people even get it a bit earlier.
    All the best.

My sonographer told me there is no way of telling whether bubs is going to weigh 5 pound or 12 punds until the last few weeks. And then it's usually out a bit too... friends of mine were told they were having 9+ punders, one had 6.14 and the other 8.3 so you can't be sure until bubs comes to say hi!

Oh... I forgot to say congrats on 3rd Tri... YAY!!!

Congrats on reaching the 3rd Tri!!!

I asked my midwife yesterday about increased CM, she said it is totally normal as long as it isn't whiffy or making you itch.

As to size, you are only a shorty like me yeah? If that be the case, bub really doens't have much choice in where he is gonna go... so ribs it is!

YAAY Anna!!

Congrats Anna and welcome to the third trimester. You are on the home stretch now. As far as babies size goes, my OB wouldnt give me an estimate as they can be so out it's not funny. As long as the dr is happy with how you and bub are progressing everything should be fine. I can be scary the though of a large baby, not only uncomfortable carrying, but remember your body was made to do this and you will be fine. As far as I remember with my last pregnancy I did hardly any growing until 27weeks and then got bigger and bigger and bigger. Goodluck.

Love

Congrats Anna T on being in your Third Trimester of your pregnancy - I'm just behind you! Very exciting times....

I've also been thinking about the rate of bub's weight gain in the last trimester also. My first bub was 4.156kg, so I'm a little concerned about what everyone says about each bub getting bigger :eek:

I wonder if the amount of weight gain/food intake of the mother affects the birth weight of bub??? Obviously the mum eats sufficiently and doesn't deprive herself (and therefore bub too) of any nutrients etc, but by limiting the calories etc could it have an influence on how big the baby is? I'm not suggesting dieting, just not overindulging in everything in sight, which is often easier said than done

My SIL has two boys - first pregnancy she put on 27kg and had a 10 pound bub, second pregnancy she put on 15kg and had a 8 pound baby. Coincidence maybe....? Both babies showed the same physical growth development at each of their clinic checks (ie. 6mth, 12mth etc), just grew differently in the womb.

Probably should have posted this as a new discussion. Interested to know if others think there is any evidence to suggest that mothers weight gain and babies birth weight could be related.

Cheers

Yep, I think it all comes down to genetics more than anything else, cause as you said some mum's put on heaps of weight and have small bubs.

I just keep hoping that none of my babies ever have the same birth weight as my husbands which was 10 pound 10!! OUCH!

All the best