Thread: I'm Off to a HypnoBirthing Class...

Question I'm Off to a HypnoBirthing Class...

Has anyone donr this?

My hospital is offering it free as one of the mw's has just been trained... well last year... so I sighned up...

Did it work for you (if you have had bubs) and if not then do you feel better about it all after doing it?

I used a CD of Hypnobirthing as the only classes I could find were very expensive. I felt better prepared with having done it and it was very relaxing but in the end the birth didn't go as planned so I didn't get to use any of the strategies I learnt! Good luck though- others have found hypnobirthing to be immensely useful. I think there is a section on BB where people have discussed HB.

Me again.have a look under Labour and Birth and the homebirth waterbirth lotus birth thread. Scroll through a few pages- I read hypnobirthing messages/replies in there.

Mel, I'm planning on using it for my next bub! That's great that your hospital offers classes.

There are a few women on here who have used hypnobirthing in various forms. I also know a few IRL and they all swear by it! Each and every one had a completely drug free labour, no gas or anything!

Let us know how it goes hun

Well the class was great... we talked about my expectations and my fears/anxieties, and what I want to get out of the birth itself (besides the baby!).

The hypnotysm (sp) part was good, it was more deep relaxation than the whole when you hear this you will cluck like a chicken!!! but very good, I have one more session before bubs is due and a lot of work to do at home to work on getting my head away from what my body is doing...

The whole time that we were chatting about what I want and what I expect I felt really empowered as she really thinks like most of us here on BB... I mentioned BB so hopefully she will check it out! a few things she said really made sense.. I just have to put it in to practice

well good luck, im hoping to have a hypnobirth next time and am really interested in the concept.

Hi Mel,

I'm about to finish a four-week HypnoBirthing course and have enjoyed the experience. Hospital ante-natal classes didn't really touch the sides of what we could do to help ourselves have a natural, drug-free birth ... it felt like it was a "given" that we would seek painkillers or a C-section.

I'm expecting first bub in approx 7 weeks and feeling much more prepared and sure of myself thanks to the breathing and relaxation techniques learnt. I (and DH) are seeking an active, natural birth without drugs, which is what hypnobirthing is all about. Essentially our course has helped me to trust myself and my body (ie/ birthing is what we were born to do) and HypnoBirthing also seeks to remove the fear = pain mentality.

Ultimately, I can't recommend HypnoBirthing highly enough. Of course, I've got my first labour to get through ... and I'm keeping an open mind about what may unfold ... but I feel confident and positive that I'll get the labour I want.

Hope you find this information a help. Good luck.
    Cheers, Andie

I did HB with DS#2 and it was great!! Sorry can't type more but am very tired....zzzzzzzzzz.......

Mel and Andie, that's great!! I did hypnobirthing classes and then had the cd to do at home and the book to read as well. All I can say is it's the best thing I ever did in the lead up to having Oskar. He was my first birthing experience and was 3 1/2 hours with no drugs (first bub was c/s with no labour). I was petrified of labour before doing the course because of all the stories you hear about pain etc... and I actually experienced no pain, some discomfort, but definitely would not describe it as pain. It was the most wonderful experience which left me wanting to go through it again. I hope you both have wonderful births... I'm sure you will
    Last edited by Ozziehoffy; January 29th, 2008 at 10:45 AM.