Thread: Impending Labour? also is this normal??

Default Impending Labour? also is this normal??

Well I know it is impending...it will come eventually but I've been havinga few things and wondering if they mean anything?? ETA I'm 38w today

With DS1 was induced and had Noah at 37w for several medical reasons so never really got to this point of pregnancy so makes me wonder whether all these things are normal or whether labour isn't all that far off??

I lost a bit of mucous plug yesterday morn and again this morn..not bloody but have read sometimes there can be no blood whatsoever..think it was Alan that said that somewhere??

Also as of last night my boobs have been very sore...they have been sore all pregnancy but like especially thinking about it sore. When I am first preg I get very sore boobs even before I can test and I also get tired, those symptoms are soo strong that I don't even really need a test to confirm iykwim I actually felt like I was half asleep at about 3am and was hinking ooh sore bbs need to bf then I realised um no bf baby!! lol and was feeling like i needed to express..my boobs weren't filled with milk hard etc still just the sormal colostrum situation there just felt like if u need to get some milk out... So wondering if maybe its normal or if it is a hormonal thing and labour might be soon to come?

I am also quite sore across my lower back and across the front, but could be because we had pest control done yesterday and I was bending down pulling things out of cupboards in the kitchen. Also bubs has been 3/5 engaged from at least 35w3d but think it was approx a week earlyier he went down

I also just have a feeling like maybe it won't be too long but this could just be in my head??

The 2nd part of my question..is this normal?...I feel like mentally I'm not very prepared...I mean as far as the labour goes I CAN'T WAIT!! Looking forward to it! Birth Plan done etc etc but I feel like this pregnancy has gone soooo quickly and when I go to bed and think well I could actually wake up in labour it is a really wierd thought.

I think maybe with Noah for weeks and weeks before induction was discussed etc and I had constant appt's etc so now because his birthday hasn't been discussed maybe its making my brain not click that he will actually be on the outside within weeks???

I don't know any suddestions/comments/advice??

So I know u can't tell me but whats ur instinct? Please say if u think I'll be around for ages yet..would prefer to hear it if you think it!!

Also just quickly in the articles section there is an article on early labour, it has a bit on mucous plug with a link to a survey of how long after losing plugs members went into labour but the link isn't working,anyone know if the survery still exists?

If you read this thatnk you so much you're amazing!
    Last edited by Jas; April 4th, 2009 at 07:54 PM.

I am no expert as I only started losing my plug once I was actually in active labour but if you're losing your plug I think you've got days, rather than weeks to go darl. It is a pre-labour sign.

Not sure about the boob thing because the hormones that produce milk are triggered by the delivery of the placenta aren't they?

btw, I think having mixed feelings about labour, birth, having a baby etc is completely normal! Esp because your experience this time with no induction is so different. The expectation and waiting can start to do your head in a bit. I was ready for labour (went 11 days overdue) but had mixed feelings about the thought of a little bub to look after and how our lives were going to change. Even though you've got a son already, it's still going to change your lives to have another child, a newborn, etc.

The only advice I've got is to relax, chill out, and do stuff you enjoy (like sleep!). All the best for your labour!

Thanks Kaz!

I'm really excited and can't wait to meet bubs it's just like there is some link missing in my brain that makes me realise that I am actually going to go into labour, and we are going to have another baby..kinda like its all a dream or something??

I think it sounds like things are happening!
    I would say its going to be sooner than later

I'm gettign excited! Thank ladies..this is so fun having bb girls to share this stuff with...

One other thing I have noticed is I'm having less bh's??

Sounds very normal to me. I think your senses are heightened in anticipation for bubs birth. Not long sweets, all the best

BTW I never felt ready with DD2. My pregnancy went so fast and I just could not get my house organised enough etc. Then the day before her birth I threw up my hands and thought well she'll come when she comes ready or not.

Labour always feels like it comes out of left field for me (dunno why, you would think the fat guts would be a giveaway), I always feel really surprised and even with my third its only ever when I look back that I see the clear signs or feelings!

Thanks ladies!

Glad to know feeling like this is normal and Bekz I can SOOO relate to notbeing able to get the house organised enough!!! I think maybe it comes from 1st time around there is everything to organise..the cot etc etc etc 2nd time round u have all that so u turn to the house, I have been nesting for MONTHS!!!! It is ridiculous and there are so many things I could still do (in my mind) lol

Had a little bit more mucous plug come out sat night, I think maybe its all gone now cause I read somewhere its about a fifty cent piece and with fri morn, sat morn and sat night that would be ablout that much.

I still have the sore boobs and very sore back and down low across the front

I had a sore back in the wks leading up to labour. And the day before i swore i was getting my period. It was that dull ache i know it's coming type of feeling ykwim?

Never lost my mucas plug but we also dtd they day my waters broke so maybe it was mixed up with that. never any blood either way.

I feel exactly the same way... I was induced with my son and if this one hasnt arrived i will be again in another week and a bit... BUT I have spent the last few days expecting to go into labour.. I have had pre-labour pains, signs since 35 weeks..

The last few days i have felt just like i do before i get my periods, i was even up pacing the house with pains sat night... But yet still nothing..

I think it is hard as even though we have already had a baby, I have no idea how to tell if am actually in labour... I am quite nervous about it happening .....and i as well feel like i am living some weird dream at the moment!!

I have been cleaning, tidying etc for weeks and now still could do more but am so tired!! I had a burst of energy this morning and have re cleaned as much a possible..

Hang in there, I know exactly how you feel... Not long now (I hope..)

Thanks ladies! Glad to hear I'm not the only one to feel like this! 12days until my edd so hopefully not long!