Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Induction at 40 weeks 5 days

OMG... I am sooo with the others.. tell him to bugga off! Babies have a really weird knack of coming when they are ready... funny that huh. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to do it!

I have just booked in for an induction for 5 days after my due date with the reason being that I live in the country and am finding it increasingly difficult to get to my ob appointments which I travel 2 hours to and then having to wait at least 2 hours in waiting room, grrr! Probably sounds wrong to some of you but I'm sure this baby is coming soon anyway and hope that induction wont be necessary. I'm 2 cms dilated and beginning to have a show but just wanted to book in as my ob is going away on holidays and I wanted to get things organised with him. I am 3/5 engaged and ob feels that I only need my waters to be broken to get things going.
    In saying this though, my ob was very understanding to what I wanted and put no pressure on me with dates, whatsoever!! If I change my mind he said thats fine and we can just reschedule for whenever I'm ready. Good luck!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

A study has shown that the average gestation for a first pregnancy is 40w8d, with a second pregnancy a little less than that.

Yet because of the hideous induction rate in our country, the average gestation is hovering around the 39w mark? Thats two full weeks earlier...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12