Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this it...?

Talking Is this it...?

All you already mummas! Need your advice... & labour vibes & ... lol!

I *think* i am in pre-labour but nothing that seems good enough to call the hospy yet - especially if it's a half hour drive in only to be sent home again - so i intended to call when i'm more sure and hope that by then it isn't too late...
    Have been having contractions since 5am (it's now 9:15am) They were all consistent, sixty second, ten minutes apart until seven, then i finally got back to sleep and woke with searing pain at eight... woohoo, another hour at least i guess, lol. I assume that they were about ten mins apart while i was dozing, because i tended to wake through a lot of them but straight back off to sleep.

Now they're irregular and all over the place so i'm not really sure... They seem to come in two lots. One in 5-7mins for about forty seconds, and then another 2-3mins later for at most fifteen. Then 5-7, 1-3 etc. And then sometimes it'll be back to 8-10 minutes again.

I'd put it down to painful BH except that they keep going wherever i am / what im doing & i generally have a fairly high pain tolerance and this is really starting to get to me... and letting me know i need something like a baby rusk for labour because i swear i can't stop biting on my lip! ... And they're not like the BH i have had before either.

They're also not going from lower to higher like i keep reading about - i feel like i've been stabbed about three inches below my belly button and like the knife is slowly being twisted and scrunching all my insides up... & only sometimes they go right through my back... so i don't know. They're like waves of period pain i guess.

ETA: I haven't had any signs of a show at all. Which i know isn't unusual but thought i would add. The pain with the "contractions" (who knows), extends right into my upper thighs as well. And the only other thing i've noticed is that i seem to be getting rid of a lot of gas...

Any ideas????

Sounds like it's all starting for you ashnant, my contractions were all over the place with my girls.

If you are worried call the hospital just for reassurance. They will give you an idea of when to come in.

Good luck!!!!!

Oh and i didn't have the wave like contractions that all the books describe, mine was a sharp stabbing pain.

I went throught the same thing, unfortunately it can take awhile. I did have show right away but it still took me 2 days to go from the irregular contractions (ranging from 5 minutes apart to an hour apart) to active labour.

I went to the hospital the first time when the pain became unbearable and contractions were regular at 10 minutes apart, but they sent me home (we're only 7minutes form the hospital though so no biggie) as I was only 2cm. I went again later when the pain got worse and contractions were 5 minutes apart and they still were going to send me home (still only 2cm) but then my water broke and so they kept me. It was still hours before I was considered in active labour.

Hopefully you will progress a lot quicker than i did and we'll have some really good news soon!

Sounds like early labor, my fisrt was like that, feels like really strong period pain and all over the place didn't regulate until an hour before she was born, I knew it was labor when i stood up and my waters broke. LOL (Will never forget that one)
    Fingers crossed for you, sounds like your on your way!!!!
    Best of luck!
    Kelly

Try to relax as much as possible, and try not to look at the clock. Your body will tell you when its time to go to the hospital believe me Sometimes pre labour can be hours, I had it for a while longer than that. But don't be disheartened because it leads to a more effective and easier established labour. The longer you are at home the less time you'll be "on the clock" and less interventions

GOODLUCK

Thanks for your replies everyone -
    Am now getting them fairly regularly 3mins apart for about 40seconds.
    They sometimes seem less intense but i think i have just found better ways to sit/stand etc.
    Also noticed my belly looks flat - as opposed to sticking full on out, i can tell he's dropped further because my bb's are sitting lower... lol.!

Ash,
    I'll give you a toot when I go past the hossy, good luck hun sounds like you are well adn truelly on your way to being a mumma
    Bec

Sounds like its all happening!!
    All the best darl

how exciting!!! i hope this it for you!!

it sounds like its the start!!

Ooh how exciting Ash!!

It is, it is!! But looks like i am in for a long one! LOL!
    My grandparents, much to my displeasure, forced me into the hospital because they had something on this arvo... I've at least been reassured, checked out, whatever. Everything is a-ok.
    Starting to think i have zero chance of this drug free labour idea i had... but, eh i'm not too fussed. I just want me a healthy baby now! I do feel like i am labouring a lot in my back though which im sure is making it harder!
    Hossy have sent me home & have given me some panadeine forte & a sleeping pill so i can get some naptime... as i only had two hours sleep last night and am exhausted i thought heck why not i could use the rest!
    Since being home i am already feeling more comfortable to the point that my ctx's have sped up again... woohooo! And it's so much easier being able to dance around & lean on the kitchen bench and whatnot instead of when they did the CTG, laying down is so freaking uncomfortable. If only i had the heart to tell me grandparents to get stuffed in the first place LOL.

Ash - good luck hun!!! I'm waiting patiently for your birth announcement!!! And whether you go with pain relief or not.. you don't get medals at the end of it if you don't have pain relief.... do what is best for you, not what you think other people will think of you!!!! I say take what you need lovey, and have a great birth experience and enjoy your little boy!!!!!!!

Good luck Ash, how exciting!!! Hope we get a birth announcement tomorrow.

Smile

Yay Ash!!!!

How exciting!! Good luck with everything and i hope you have a beautiful birthing experience!!!

Enchanted Guest

OMG Ash! How flippin exciting!!

You will do an amazing job bringing your gorgeous bubba into the world no matter how it happens. I hope you get your drug free birth and I can't wait to hear all about it

congrats ash!!! have a great time and enjoy!!!

cant wait to see your announcement!!!

Wow Ash how exciting!!
    Fingers crossed things keep moving for you and you are holding your beautiful bubby before you know it!! Keep dancing honey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast