Thread: Is this it?!?!?!

kirsty_lee Guest

Default Is this it?!?!?!

Just wondering how many of you have gone into labour and not known it. Hope thats not a stupid question lol. But yesterday and today i've felt a bit sick. Over the last hour or so bubs has been moving ALOT like crazy moving and i've been getting tightness like bh... but I dont know i feel weird... like i have a nervous feeling ... is this just bh ???

I never had BH with DS so i cant really confirm them. But the contractions i had started in my lower back, just a dull ache that would stay for about 30 seconds or so and then stop. Over time they got closer together and more stronger to where i could also feel it in my lower tummy (where youd feel period pain). I didnt believe i was in labour until they got alot stronger as i thought it was just my body playing tricks on me.

Unless you are getting them pretty regular id be more inclined to say theyre just BH. The nervousness thing is common i think. Just hang in there and keep an eye on it.

Is bubs head down already? I have noticed that movement increases and I generally feel uncomfortable when bubs turns head down. Could that be it?

kirsty_lee Guest

i really dont know astrid.. the bottom half of my belly still feels soft.. but i've had some pressure down in my pubic area... i dont know if she's head down or not unless she is but still in a V shape?

Everyone told me that my labour would start in y back - it didnt. It felt like tightening in the front of my belly, just above my pubic bone.
    Eeryone told me I'd "know" when I was in labour. I didn't! lol
    I never had BH, but I did have a 36 hour labour all up....And I didnt know I was in labour for the first 24 because it was nothing like what they told me!! lol
    I realised though when the pains were more than 4 in a row, consistently. I think thats what to look for rather than the pain itelf, but how often and how regularly it is coming...

Does that make any sense to anyone else or is it just me?? lol

I didn't know I was in labour until I decided to clean the bathroom from top to bottom. Seriously.

Nope, I didn't know either.
    I lost my plug and had some serious contractions - I thought they were BH. That was the Saturday.

That night my water broke, but it was mucousy. I rang mum and she told me she didn't know what it was like, so I went to bed.

Monday at my OB appointment she told me I was having a baby and to go straight to hossy for monitoring (since my water had been gone a while) - I laughed at her.

With regards to not knowing when you are in labour, i know someone who turned up at the labour ward 8cms dilated but had no painful contrax. She went in there because she was really sick!

I didn't know I was in labour at the start either. I actually woke DH up after about an hour and said "do you think that maybe you might want to get up because I can't sleep..." pmsl... that's what I said! He got up and about 30 mins later we called the hospital and what do you know, come on in you're having a baby. Wasn't at all how I was expecting it to feel so I didn't register it as labour. I felt just weird all day prior to having him. I also didn't have my show and my waters didn't break either. They did that at hossy. 3 1/2 hours from when I first couldn't sleep to him being born.