Thread: I've had enough!!

Unhappy I've had enough!!

I just want this baby out!
    The pain in my pelvis is becoming increasingly sore. I can barely go for a 10 minute walk without ending up in agony.
    I can't sleep with DH anymore cause at night I'm getting hot flushes and am feeling really anxious. The braxton hicks are getting really bad as well. Twice this week we've really had to monitor them to make sure I'm not going into labour! I normally go and have a hot shower when I get them, but lately this doesn't seem to be working. And I can't unwind in the bath either.
    I've started to get some swelling in my ankles and fingers, it's not too bad, but enough for me to feel uncomfortable, especially at night.
    I'm only getting about 3/4 hours of sleep a night. I'm resting most of the day, haven't even been able to do the house cleaning all week.
    And to make matters worse, my morning sickness has come back! I got 8 weeks of relief from the morning sickness, and was really hoping it wouldn't come back.

Anyone else feeling like this ... I'm sure I'm not alone I've also lost my appetite, I'm only eating about 2 meals a day - is this normal?
    If anyone can suggest anything that might help me unwind at night would be great.

Jodi

Hang in there my love it is quiet normal. I had the same feeling with DS. I went 4 days over and at 7months he decided to break 2 of my ribs with how big he was. Trust me once you see your baby you will forget about all these yucky feelings, every bit of lost appetite, sleep deprivation, morning sickness, sore boobs ect is all worth it when you hold your baby. Trust me it gets better. My advice is to rest up now while you can and take it easy go out and have a facial or something nice. There is going to be over a 6 year gap between DS and the bub im pregnant with now....while do you think i waited so long because i couldnt bear feeling like i did with DS all over again so soon. good luck, you havnt got long to go. it will be worth it. with love TG

may be do some scrap booking or make something for the bub just try and do thigs to keep busy. even just tidying up might take your mind off things

Yep! I've had enough too.
    Even DH reccons I'm whingeing more this time around LOL. The time will fly by though and you'll have bub in your arms before you know it.

Jodi, you poor thing. I have days like this too, but its not all the time. I'm not sleeping well either. I can really sympathise. Are you resting too much during the day? Maybe its your body clock being out of whack. It can become a vicious cycle. Not long to go now. Cheer up and it'll all be over in no time.

Kirsty77 Guest

I can totally relate! By 35 weeks with Gemma I'd had enough. I was swollen, sore, could not walk, was in tears daily. Hang in there hun, its nearly over. You'll look back on this and laugh soon enough(believe it or not!!)

lucysmummie Guest

oooo yeah I know how u feel and i told my OB and all he said was it gets worse every pregnancy! STUPID MALE! U just gotta hang in there hun and think of all the less fourtunate than u...least u dont gotta have daily injections!!!! ul be right sweet chin up!

Im sure ur glad you have Belly belly to come and winge away! sometimes just winging makes it all better just like a band aid....lol

Sorry to hear the time you are having. Maybe before bed whether you have BH or not you should have a nice warm shower or bath, then make yourself a warm drink(if you can stomach it) and then go to bed. If you try to do this at the same time each night it might help you settle off to sleep. Also with waking up anxious and in night sweats, maybe you should add a cotton sheet to your bed and then all you have to do is throw back the doona and still be covered but not as hot. Also a glass of water beside the bed might help with a dry mouth. The toilet thing is probably an issue at the moment, but use it as a time to stretch your legs to prevent cramp etc. It's hard but the less sleep you get the more anxious you are probaly getting, maybe try some calming techniques etc.

All the best, I know it sucks and you have every right to complain, I just wish that I could help you more.

Love

Thanks for your thoughts girls.
    I had a great sleep last night. I didn't have an afternoon nap and was sound asleep by 9.30!! DH was telling me this morning that when he came to bed I wriggled around a bit in my sleep and he massaged my head until I settled again ... what a darling! And I slept in my own bed. Hopefully I can find a routine that will help me sleep like that more often.

Quote Originally Posted by shinee
    oooo yeah I know how u feel and i told my OB and all he said was it gets worse every pregnancy! STUPID MALE!
    And he is actually wrong. For the vast majority of women, each pregnancy gets better because the body handles the hormonal changes better.

As all the wise women have said above, once the babe is in your arms, everything will be forgotten - remarkable things brains and bodies!

Best wishes,

David

lucysmummie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David Vernon
    And he is actually wrong. For the vast majority of women, each pregnancy gets better because the body handles the hormonal changes better.

As all the wise women have said above, once the babe is in your arms, everything will be forgotten - remarkable things brains and bodies!

Best wishes,

David
    really!? well thats good cause i was looking at only having one baby .... the doctor wasnt being very nice to me when he said that cause he has very bad bedside manner lucky I only have one more appointment with him till I get induced so no complaints here....makes me definatly consider having another bub thanks david

HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER JODI

Jody, i know how you feel.
    I am so over being pregnant and i still have 8 weeks or so to go!
    I cant sleep at night cos my hips are sore when i lie on my sides and theres no other way i can lie.. bubs.. even though i love feeling his movements, at night its driving me a lil crazy! Last night he was constantly wriggling for about an hour which made me feel kinda sea sick.. im sick of only being able to stand up for about 5 minutes before my ankles and heals start to hurt and im sick of having to go to the toilet every 5 minutes, especially when at work the bathrooms are 2 flights of stairs up!
    I guess the only thing thats keeping me going is that after those 8 weeks im going to have a gorgeous lil baby boy..

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this. Last night was another horrible night sleep. I managed to get about 6 hours of sleep, cause I slept in till 10 this morning. Fingers crossed I won't go over and I don't have longer than 6 weeks to go!

Silvi Guest

Jodi,

I'm in the same boat, I just want him out already..

My fingers are so swollen that I have trouble hodling things, and I have cankles...lol..the wrost is the pain in my hips and knees at night when I'm trying to sleep..only average about 4 hours...and constantly going to the loo throughout the night..

My friend recommended I go swimming just to let me joints unwind a little...so I might try that...just gotta find a swim suit that fits over my gigantic belly...

Quote Originally Posted by David Vernon

David
    This definately makes me feel better about a second pregnancy. Hope you are right LOL!!!!!

Just try to take it easy Jodi. I know how hard it can be.... I too went thru that "just get her out" stage. Once you see ur bub and hold him/her, you will be sooooo in awe of the miricle of what you and ur partner created you will forget all about the discomfort. Trust me. And them soon enough you'll want another like ME! hehe