thread: Just over prelabour right now.

Feb 2012
    Tasmania

Just over prelabour right now.

I have been awake most of the night with moderately bad back and abdominal pains, I have burst into tears for no reason, yesterday I cleaned the house with great gusto, I just washed all the newborn sized clothes in the house. I have had "tummy upset" and been vomiting. I am just over pre-labour. I am tired and sick and anxious. This could go on for weeks yet. Thanks for allowing the vent.

Add CKJ on Facebook

Dec 2011
    Central Coast NSW

I have been awake most of the night with moderately bad back and abdominal pains, I have burst into tears for no reason, yesterday I cleaned the house with great gusto, I just washed all the newborn sized clothes in the house. I have had "tummy upset" and been vomiting. I am just over pre-labour. I am tired and sick and anxious. This could go on for weeks yet. Thanks for allowing the vent.
    Hugs. It's horrible isn't it. I've been having pre-labour for 4 weeks now. I'm also 40+4 and bubs still tormenting me.

Hang in there and know soon enough you'll have babe in arms

Mar 2008
    Where dreams are now reality

It can be such a tough time those last few weeks. Hang in there, you are on the downhill run now! Perhaps you could do something special just for you? Doesnt have to be elaborate but something to take away your aches and make you feel nice and a bit special . I do hope its 'excited anxious' you are feeling

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

I remember per labour for my first pg and it was physically and emotionally draining. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for the real thing

Jun 2012

I had the worst pre labor with my second for weeks... then his actual labor was 2 hours from me waking till his birth. So the pre labor might just pay off!

Feb 2012
    Tasmania

My established labour for #2 was about an hour and a half and not that painful and I had prelabour with him as well but not this bad...I just wish I knew when she was coming! AT least the contraction/BH have stopped for now but my back aches!

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

How are you feeling today?

Feb 2012
    Tasmania

Right now? Great considering its 5am! Funnily enough since I started taking EPO and raspberry leaf tablets and smelling clary sage the prelabour has settled to some mini contractions (in back and front) for short runs at a time. Almost like it is better regulated or something, which I didn't expect. Definitely more bearable than 30 hour runs of moderately painful cramps. Having strong Braxton Hicks but the pain isn't as bad. Would like baby soon though! At least labour should be short whenever shea arrives!