Thread: Knee Pains Anyone???

Unhappy Knee Pains Anyone???

I am 34 weeks pregnant today, and ever since atleast 30 weeks I have been getting aches and pains in my knees when I sit down, or lay down. Is this normal? Does anyone know what I can do about it???

Id say its normal.. just like swollen ankels.. its the extra weight you have on your legs. I get pains in my shins if im standing for over 5 minutes.. so id say your knees are just not use to the weight

I completley hear ya on the sore knees. I have had sore knees almost through the entire pregnancy, although I have to say that have been slightly better in the last few weeks. Most of my pain comes at night time because I sleep with my knees bent and when I go to get up they hurt. I have also had pain from standing up and sitting down.

Silvi Guest

I've started to have sore knees, espcecially when I'm having a nap or sleeping in bed cause my legs are bent...

This may sound silly but my mum and mother-in-law told me to do some leg excersises... before I lay down for a nap and when I wake up...something to do with increasing blood flow to the legs...it's helped with leg cramps and with the knees

Hope this helps...