Thread: Labour after s & s???

skyelar Guest

Default Labour after s & s???

Just wondering if anyone has gone into labour after having a stretch & sweep done?

My Ob is going to do one on Monday & I am interested to hear if anyone has gone into labour shortly after....

Thanks

I was actually in labour when I had one done. I had just had an internal to check if I had started dilating or if I needed a second dose of gel.
    I was 2cm,so she did the s&s and things hit me very hard, very quickly straight away. I went from having sore contractions about 5-8mins apart to about every 2-3mins and I couldn't stand up straight. This seriously was instaneous!
    Good luck - I hope it has the response you are after

skyelar Guest

Thanks girls!! Fingers crossed for a nice labour!!!

Hi,

Im not sure what my OB did up there but he checked me to see if my cervix was favourable for an induction 5 days later, i went home and woke up 4am the next morning with contractions 15 mins apart. That lasted all day, then at about 6pm they went to 5 mins apart. We took DS over to MIL in case we needed to go to the hospital and when i got out of the car they hit me at 2 mins apart, this would have been about 8pm. So we went straight from there to the hospital and i had my baby about 7 hrs later.

Im not sure if he did a stretch and sweep or not but it put me into labour anyway.

Good luck with the birth.

skyelar Guest

Thanks Kristi sounds like it to me! Hopefully my labour progresses the same way!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

They are usually quite effective, I think around 48 hours is a magic number for it... it can cause some practise contractions and a little bleeding but they are quite effective
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Ooh all the best Lea! Wow I can't believe it's time for your bubba to arrive! Hope it all goes smoothly Say hi to JP from us BellyBelly girls! LOL.

LOL I must be the exception. I had one when I was in early labour and was 2cm dialated and it did nothing!! But then when I was induced the gels did nothing for me either!!

Me too Lea - The gel & the stretch and sweep did not a lot for me. It was when they broke my waters that really got the ball rolling.

At 8 days overdue I had one at 2pm and by 5pm my contractions started getting stronger. Caleb was born at 11:02pm that night. Not sure if it would have happened anyway though