Thread: In last days

Default In last days

I have 15 days approx to go. I have not packed my bags, babies clothes are still in containers and I really am not organised yet. I am getting excited and am trying to get things done with 3 other children. But thats just it, I have 3 other children and feel like once I have finished caring for them there is no time/energy left to nest/get organised. I feel this bubs will arrive while I am still two steps behind. I am assuming this is normal or am I having a bad day and getting nervous by the ticking clock.

Better get to bed so I can hopfully get sleep/energy to get things done tomorrow. Another day down.
    Looking forward to baby #4

Sounds normal to me and I only have 1 to look after. I have about 3 and a half weeks to go and though the baby's clothes are washed (and have been for almost 2 weeks), they aren't folded or put away. The bubs will be sharing the room with us for the first couple of months so we have put the cot in there but that's it.

My DH is starting to get a bit antsy about my bags being packed so I might do that sometime this week but just can't get the energy to do it.

I am no where near ready to have a baby yet, i'm only 24 weeks, but im actually doing a lil stocktake today to see what we need etc. Will be bringing the cot in in the next week so i can give it a good scrub and clean (easier to do with only 1 though)

I would suggest you get your little angels to help you do stuff. My DD wants to help do everything from cleaning, to puting stuff in the washer and dryer and even folding and puting away (i've trained her well, lmao)

Ok, I have organised with my friend who is like a nanny to the ch. to take them Monday so I can get stuck into baby's clothes and the last few jobs. I think having 3 children and being preg all adds up. Will let you know what progress I make.

Hi Rose,

I know exactly how you feel, feel like you need to be ready but just can't quiet get there. I'm still not ready yet either. I hope you enjoy your day by yourself

That's why you need to start on all that stuff nice and early. I was always worried I'd go early so I did the clothes washing and bag packing way early. I ended up with nothing to do in my week and a half of mat leave before bubs arrived. I of course had no kids in the house (except for my DstepD coming and going which is quite different), so I can't imagine how busy you must be with 3 kids already. Great idea getting your friend to help out, you will be organised in no time at all.

oh rose.. i so hear ya i have 3 kids also and we recently moved house and everything was every where. Its so easy to be come so over whelmed by the list of what needs doing and just trying to keep a float of all the other things. Can ya get the kids to help out i have a 7 and 10 year old and i get them to do dishes or vac or fold clothes. They even mop and put washing on when i need them to or do bath room. For pocket money how old are your kids?

And as you have noticed the 3 year old needs lots of supper vision. I feel like there is no time also for mys elf so that must be normal for mums with 3 kids. I dont include laying on my back having bad BH resting do you hehehe or anything like that. My bag is not completly packed yet either as for baby's room there is now 3 large boxes to go through on floor in there. The cot still isnt made up. And now im like meh who cares i knwo i do but im so over it like my back hurts my woohoo stings and i have what feels to be a 10 pound baby under my right rib constantly and aching constant legs and arnt sleeping well. Im just like who cares the house looks like a bombs gone off in it washing been round for days clean on the couch. I cant bend over to pick things up off floor. I just knwo these few days you and i have we need to rest. I am sure what im complaining about you are also going through so your not the only one Its hard to nest when you have so much on ya list of jobs to do. And your so warn out there isnt enough time to even brush ya hair. BIG BIG HUGS sweety