Thread: Leaking

Fire Fly Guest

Default Leaking

Is it normal to have a bit of a leakage? Reason i ask is yesterday i was squatting down with DS ( i think this is when it happened) i got up and went outside with him and i was talking to Dh when i felt like i had wet my pants. I didnt feel fluid come out at that point i just felt that my pants, both nickers and pants were wet. Like id sat down on something i shouldnt of except i hadnt.
    I know i wasnt busting or needed to go to the toilet at the time either so im just assuming ive leaked. It was enough that i had to go change and it didnt smell like urine (sorry). Ive got an app tomorrow but just thought id ask you lot first.

What do you think.

I get that everyday now in last tri, for me it's been a huge increase of watery discharge and it first happens after i pee in the morning and happens in intervals through the day, definatley not urine. I have to wear panty liners now. I've not spoken to the doctor about it because I'm pretty sure it's normal. But don't take my word for it.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Yeah my discharge definately increases in the last tri - to the point sometimes where I feel like I have wet myself, but not iykwim

Yup, I remember this and I was forever running to the loo to check what it was...lol. Worst was if I was at the shops cos then I'd panic about it looked like I'd wet myself!!

Yeah, I'm the same - have had quite a big increase in the amount of discharge in the third tri - it's just delightful!! I'm now having to wear liners ALL day and some days, I still get a bit of an overflow (and like everyone else, it's definitley not urine). I was quite concerned at first too because it was sooo watery - I thought my waters were leaking so I mentioned it to the OB. He checked it out and all was fine but he did say that if me waters were leaking it can be quite bad - so definitely make sure you mention it to your OB and get him to check it out but I'm sure all is fine - like the rest of us, its just one of those lovely pg symptoms that we have to deal with!!!

Good luck.

Kelly xxx

Fire Fly Guest

I never realised it was so common and normal more to the point. I chickened out on telling the ob because i refuse to have an internal. I will mention it at the next U/S.

I dont understand how if fluid can come out wouldnt you think that bad germs can then get in so therefore it wouldnt be ok to be happening. I should of asked the ob. Its only happened the once so if it happens again ill say something but refuse the internal if thats his intentions.