Thread: Leaking feeling

Default Leaking feeling

Bubs is head down and i think every time she moves she is pushing on my bladder and i keep feeling that i am about to leak.

Does anyone else get that same feeling ?
    Somedays i feel as if everything is going to gush out and i am going to end up wet.

ETA: I never had this feeling with the other two.

Hi Michelle,

IKWYM! It's scary isn't it! I think as long as you have been doing your pelvic floors you should be ok. I am so slack and I hardly ever do them. If you're worried though you could try wearing those really thin panty liners - they could help?

I never had it with my other two either but have felt throughout this pregnancy that the baby is much much lower.

Hope this helps

Michelle,

when u have the feeling does anything come out?
    only asking as i ruptured my membranes & because i didnt know what it was i assumed i was becoming incontanent (sp?) i got worried when it was happening at odd times. Eg: after standing up or even after i had just been to the toilet so didnt need to go)

I used to also wear panty liners which i found helped with extra cm & any leaks (not when i was leaking for real i was soakinig through larger pads)
    as annoying as it is, it is pretty common in the 3rd trimester to have accidental leaks when bub is pushing on all your parts constantly. (im sure u know the feeling haveing been there b4!)

Nic nothing has come out so far but it feels close to it at times and today it's been the worst. I wear panty liners all the time for the extra cm that comes out but this is just worrying me so much. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.
    Sometimes when it happens I'm not feeling baby move but that doesn't mean she isn't moving.

I hope its all settled down today Michelle, and your precious little bundle's going to stick for at least another 10 weeks!!

Thanks Simone. Hopefully it won't be as bad today and she stays put a little longer. Don't know why but i have this fear of my waters breaking no idea why i have that in my head. I hope she stays put for another 10 weeks but i still have that funny feeling that she will be here in time for Christmas.

you just be extra carefull with yourself then!
    Cause it is bizzare that we can kind of sence these things.
    I had an urge to pack my hosp bags at 30weeks, i had my baby shower @ 28weeks & had the baby room set up around the same time for JIC!!! i just kept saying to dh, well you never know when things could happen & luckily it helped that we were so prepared cause Mr Nixon came at 33weeks!

Nic i think we do sense these things. I had the same feeling with Kimberley and she was born just passed 35 weeks. Alex was born early but i never had that feeling. With Alex my pregnancy wasn't one big drama but with Kimberley and this one it has been. I guess that is were the feeling is coming in to it.
    Easy with Alex no sense of baby being ealry.
    Dramas with Kimberley born early.

Hi,

I just wanted to comment on the "knowing" baby will come soon. I cruised along with baby #4 and then suddenly at late 34 wks, early 35wks (depending on the dates u go by) i got up one night and packed my hospital bag, i gave birth to her the next day. And there was no reason for me to suddenly think she was going to come when i packed my bag.

I never had that, i think i was too busy wishing that bub would stick. i knew i wouldnt go FT, after going into labour at 25w and having contractions the whole time up until i contraction the infection. I didnt have anything ready, who expects a baby to come at 30w? not me!!

Michelle, im so hard that this one stick to about 37w... fingers crossed

preg_mummy Guest

hi michelle... i get that same feeling.... im 33 weeks and bubs been fully down from 30 weeks... and feels like i leak.. its so yukky feeling

em.. Guest

hey not sure if this is a silly question, the waters. are ment to have a weird smell but what colour is the fluid...

liz

Liz.....My waters were a real watery red....very very feint....I didn't notice a smell but it could have been there LOL

when i ruptured the membraines i did not know it was anything other than urine at first because the colour was clear. so didnt have any tinge to it.
    But when it started happening at irregular times i took more notice.
    The smell was what made me concerned, it had a really distinctive smell. Kind of sweet, not a nice sweet though! you could even compare (sorry if tmi) to the smell of sperm....
    i think once you loose the plug/ have your show maybe the fluid chances somewhat.