Thread: the "let down" feeling

Default the "let down" feeling

ok I didnt get this untill after Joshua was born,
    but for the past week I have been getting it now, and then my boobs leak alot of colostrum, anyone else getting the feeling? is it normal for it to happen around now with a second pregnancy? some times its really tingly and painful, (like it was just then hence my post and how it was after joshua was born) and other times its just a tightening feeling of my boobs all the time i get it though they go rock hard, maybe theres just too much trying to come through?anyone else got any suggestions?

take care
    Lesley

Default Lesley

Lesley, it happened to me from when I was 25 weeks preggers with William,and the amount of milk I had when he was born , well the nurses said I could feed the whole maternity ward,heheheheheh, hope the boobies settle down soon darlin! xx 4 u

Custardtart Guest

That sounds perfectly normal to me - as 'normal' as anything else your body does during pregnancy! Boobs are painful critters when they get ready for lactation, I used to make a lot of jokes about being a good cow to help keep a perspective on it!

Good luck and I hope everything settles down soon for you, I remember well those painful days when the milk first came in.

Kerrie

Yeah I did a bit, especially in the last weeks before Angus was born. When I went overdue I twiddled my nipples to try and get labour started. I'd read that somewhere. All it really did was make them leak a bit more.