Thread: Lightheaded

Default Lightheaded

Hi all,

Just wondering, the last couple of days I've been feeling light headed in the mornings. Not like I'm going to fait and the room isn't spinning or anything, I just feel kinda spaced out in the head. It goes away as the day goes on but I'm wondering what it might be from.

I've figured it's either that I need to eat more or that I'm just really tired, which I am. What do you think?

might be both. i find if i dont have a good nights sleep i feel that way

Unfortunately i've been feeling this way for months. Exactly like you described. I take my bp regularly (it was low during my first and second trimesters), i've had blood tests and everything is normal. My dr just said it's something i have to put up with. Which sucks because i'm pretty wiped out every morning.

Have you got your blood results back yet hun? Could be iron or BP, considering you are tired as well.

I have been feeling like this too. My hearing even goes on and off then I feel all spacy and I have had ppl say that all the colour has drained from my face. I notice that this happens on days where I am really tired.

At all my apts my bp has been perfect or a little low.

Have you tried eating something before you get out of bed?? I used to get this all the time when I was PG with DS. Also if I had been sitting down for ages it would happen too. I have a jelly bean addiction so that was my snack food I just ate a couple and it used to make me feel better...WARNING...This I do believe contributed very highly to putting on 19kgs during pregnancy...but I say it was worth every red..white and pink one!!

Hi girls,

Thanks for your replies.

Ali: all my bloods were normal, so it's not been that.

My mum said it was more than likely a combination of both things and that I was leaving it too long in the morning between breakfast (6.45) and morning tea (10) and that my blood sugar levels might be dropping a little too much. So I'm going to have something to eat at about 9 and see if that helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cheekyboys View Post
    Unfortunately i've been feeling this way for months. Exactly like you described. I take my bp regularly (it was low during my first and second trimesters), i've had blood tests and everything is normal. My dr just said it's something i have to put up with. Which sucks because i'm pretty wiped out every morning.
    There's something called orthostatic intolerance, which isn't uncommon during pregnancy. What it means is that your body doesn't tolerate the changes in blood pressure that naturally occur when you lie down or stand up, and staying upright can be a real trial. Postural hypotension is really common in the mornings when you've been lying down all night, and then gravity has a real go at all that extra blood volume when you are up and moving around. One of the first symptoms for me that I am pregnant is that I can't hold a hair dryer up to do my hair because it makes me faint!!

Ok,

So I got fed up with this lightheaded feeling today and rang the Ob. He's in Townsville today so his secretary said to go to my GP and get my blood pressure checked and just have a general check up and the Ob will ring me tomorrow. So I'm off to my GP at 11.30.

Will let you know what she says.

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanytoomany View Post
    There's something called orthostatic intolerance, which isn't uncommon during pregnancy. What it means is that your body doesn't tolerate the changes in blood pressure that naturally occur when you lie down or stand up, and staying upright can be a real trial. Postural hypotension is really common in the mornings when you've been lying down all night, and then gravity has a real go at all that extra blood volume when you are up and moving around. One of the first symptoms for me that I am pregnant is that I can't hold a hair dryer up to do my hair because it makes me faint!!
    Would that make me feel faint for hours? I get up and feel ok but by the time i have made my sons school lunch and had my breakfast i'm ready to go back to bed. I have to either sit or lay down for a few hours. Sometimes until lunchtime.

Tara - how did your appointment go?

Well, my blood pressure was ok 110/60. GP was happy, Ob said it's on the low side of normal but nothing to worry about yet, especially cause I'm not having dizzyness or fainting. They both think it's just from extreme tiredness, especially as it tends to get better after I have a rest at lunch time. GP is hoping that having Jeremy home to help out will ease some of the pressure on me cause of working full time and being on my own at home too. All I can say is I'm glad that we don't have any other kids and I can rest when I need to.