Thread: List of must have babies items?

Question List of must have babies items?

Does anyone have a list of must have items, like nappies, wipes, creams, lotions, jumpsuits, singlets etc. I remember when I was pregnant with DD, I had a list that I would cross items off once I had purchased them, which I found to be really really handy. I can't remember where I got that list.

I'm pretty sure that I have everything, but I just wanted to double check. Does anyone know where I can get one, or does anyone have one that they can post?

Thanks.

i think there is a few lists in the Belly Belly Main Page.
    This is the list i did up - i already had about 14 bonds suits 000, and about 4 or 5 0000.
    But, as having a 'surprise baby' havent concentrated to much on cloths. And this is our first as well.
    - Body suits (instead of singlets)
    - Blankets
    - Sheets
    - Mattress protector x 2
    - Mattress for cot
    - Mattress for change table
    - Lambs wool
    - Bunny rugs x 6
    - Sockems
    - Bonnet
    - Flannel nappies x 40
    - Terry nappies x 40
    - Nappy liners
    - Wipes
    - Plichers
    - Nappy rash cream
    - Baby moisturizer
    - Baby bath stuff
    - Cotton bubs / balls
    - Baby nail cutters
    - Towels
    - Face washers
    - Breast pump
    - Sterilisers
    - Nappy bag
    - Dummies
    - Monitors
    - Baby carrier
    - Cover for pram – to protect against rain/wind/Sun
    - Touch lamp
    - Bassinett

try pregnancy and birth magazine they usually have a checklist in there somewhere.

Thanks ladies.
    Pregnancy and birth magazine, is that the one we got in the baby bounty bag? I must try and find it, maybe that's where I got mine from last time.

If you jump on the website for Big W there is a printable list.
    From memory Target has a list on their website too.

One thing we found VERY essential was Jesse's bouncer. Whenever he had wind or we had to do something or he wouldnt sleep we would put him in it and rock him to sleep that way. Was also great when we were eating dinner. He'd just sit in there, we'd rock it with our foot and he was happy. We had a Fisher Price one that has the vibration and also has lights and music which was great. Try and get one that is on a wire type frame rather than the metal all fancy looking ones.. my parents have one at their place and it just doesnt rock enough.

Can I just add terry face washers? They don't come up on lists that often, but I find them bloody invaluable. I buy those 4pack Big Softies or similar (2 or 3 pkts), not the 12pack baby terry ones.

They are just the right size to catch mini-spews, wipe noses, wet and clean a bum that wipes just aren't doing the jobs for, or wet for a quick face, ear, neck, hand clean. Just really really useful things in the long run that don't often get mentioned.

Rachael