Thread: A little gush and then nothing?

Default A little gush and then nothing?

I'm just curious and i'm sure it's probably nothing mainly because i'm still sitting here with a big fat belly, but yesterday morning I leant forward and had a small gush of fluid come out. Didn't smell like wee but i don't think it smelt like amniotic fluid either. Wasn't overly mucousy and had no blood as it was clear but it seemed like a big gush for just extra discharge. Does anyone have any idea what it may have been? It was just once and no more gushing or leaking since. Sorry if it's TMI.

could it have been your hind waters? I would ring your hospital and get their advice.

I had something similar happen a couple of weeks before my EDD and they said it was probaby the hind waters.

Hind waters was the other thing that crossed my mind. Does it normally just happen once and then stop, as in no further leaking? It is one week until my EDD so I hope this means something soon and not another couple of weeks!!

Hind waters usually re-seal after they leak so normally you wouldn't get another leak until your actual waters break i think.

Rachel...I had that with Louis - woke up in the morning to a little gush and thought it was my waters...went into the hospital and the said it wasn't urine but it was just fluid that didn't matter...later that afternoon my waters broke properly and 2 days later Louis arrived!
    Hopefully it means things will be happening for you soon!!
    I've heard hind waters can reseal but in my case once they broke it was continuous leaking....There was definately a big difference between the little fluid leak I had in the morning and when my waters actually broke though...very noticeable!
    Good Luck!

A hind water leak means that the water is leaking from higher up than the baby’s head. These leaks often reseal. If you have stopped leaking I would not bother going to the hospital.

But what can happen is that the leak does not reseal but the baby’s head is stopping the water from coming out. This is not a problem. You will know if this has happened because every now and then you will get a small leak. It will happen if you get a contraction (BH). It could happen if you cough, sneeze or if you move quickly. If you do get this put a pad on, and then go to the hospital. They will be able to test the fluid in the pad and tell you if it is your waters.

Awww good luck Rachel, i hope to be getting a sms for birth announcement from u sooooooon!!!!!

I had the same thing, hind water leak, the day before Zander was due & he still ended up arriving 8 days late!

Thanks everyone. No further leaks here of any kind . Will just have to keep waiting. At least I know it could have been something. Anything is a sign right?!

A sign is a sign!! I said to Craig last night..... Rachel is gunna have that bub soon.. i just know it!!! Keep us posted!!

I wish I was as positive as you Kim! I don't want to get too excited because then when something doesn't happen I get really frustrated. I don't know if maybe I lost some of plug last night and today, had a clear/yellow mucousy splodge on my panty liner - no blood streaks but you don't have to get that straight away do you? Lots and lots of BH today - well I think they are BH as they get worse when I'm walking and moving and then once I stop, so do they. They are definitely getting more intense though, made me go 'oohh' at one stage. Trying to keep positive but also keep distracted. Hard today as feeling really flat and anti social, can't be bothered speaking to anyone or doing anything. Belly is really achey as well. Well, we'll just keep waiting and hoping. What more can we do huh!

Doesn't sound like long!!! Good luck!!

I hope so Kristie, thanks.