Thread: A Little Worried

Question A Little Worried

Hi all,

I have been getting numbness and a cramping pain in my left leg for the past fortnight,

The pain is only in my left leg and if i stand up or sit for around 15 min the pain starts,

i kind of brushed it off at first thinking it is just the heavyness,but its getting worse and im getting a little worried.

Has anyone got or had this kind of pain/numbness??

Im 35 weeks by the way

skorpy Guest

If you would like reasurence,then give your midwife a ring,They are very helpful.but you will probably find its one of them things in pregnancy.I have been suffering fromswollen left ankle,foot and leg for a week and its only my left side.My right side is fine,and it hurts sometimes with throbbing. I also have pain in the groin area when I get out of bed in the mornings.

I get cramp too in my fingers mainly,but give Labour ward or your midwife a ring to put your mind at rest.

*Beccy* Guest

Ruru ~ sounds like the baby is pressing on a nerve in your back. You could try laying down on your *left-side* to see if that eases the numbness tonight.

Then, I would definately go ad see a physio in the morning. They are wonderful!
    I hurt my back close to my tailbone a few months ago and the physio was able to massage and use the TENS machine to relieve the pain. My physio was sensational and knew alot more than my GP !!

If you're worried, I'd call the hospital where you plan to deliver and explain your symptoms...they will be the best judge of what's happening...they'e just about seen everything!!! It could also be the on-set of back-labour!

I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Beccy

hi,

thanks all for the advice,i think i will talk to my midwife

Emma,yes i do get it when im in bed as well,i cant sleep on oneside more than 15 min