Thread: Long whine

Default Long whine

The baby's head is really engaged and down below feels painful, really painful like someone kicked me between the legs and I am all bruised kind of pain, and can barley walk. But now somehting is really pushing down into the cervix area and I guess its his head but its really painful. And today everytime I go potty there is this yellowy sort of discharge and its kinds think on the loo paper. It's quite gross never had that with any other child! Nor were any of them this low down at this tage as most subsequent babies don't even engage till right at birth!

I can literally feel his head turning and omg does it hurt feels like that pressure when you are in labour and you feel the head decend into the pelvis region. He did this all night and it got so bad I could not turn over in bed without screaming out in pain.

Anyone else having this?

The other things I forgot to add it, when he starts to squirm and wiggle around I get a grse pain near my bowel area, from the inside if that makes sense? Like he is pushing on my bowel area! Anyone else have that?

I don't get any kicks anymore he only squirms and rocks around now, and has really quitend down in the last week. Again is this happening to anyone else?

The baby's head is really engaged and down below feels painful, really painful like someone kicked me between the legs and I am all bruised kind of pain, and can barley walk. But now somehting is really pushing down into the cervix area and I guess its his head but its really painful. And today everytime I go potty there is this yellowy sort of discharge and its kinds think on the loo paper. It's quite gross never had that with any other child! Nor were any of them this low down at this tage as most subsequent babies don't even engage till right at birth!

Subsequent babies are more likely to engage well before labour. It is the first baby that is most likely not to engage until just before birth. However it is not unusual for the first baby to engage prior to the start of labour.

I can literally feel his head turning and omg does it hurt feels like that pressure when you are in labour and you feel the head decend into the pelvis region. He did this all night and it got so bad I could not turn over in bed without screaming out in pain.

Anyone else having this?

A very common problem when the baby is engaged

The other things I forgot to add it, when he starts to squirm and wiggle around I get a grse pain near my bowel area, from the inside if that makes sense? Like he is pushing on my bowel area! Anyone else have that?

Again a common problem. Your baby is actually pushing your bowel

I don't get any kicks anymore he only squirms and rocks around now, and has really quitend down in the last week. Again is this happening to anyone else?

Your baby has now a lot less room to move around in, reduced movements late in pregnancy is normal

Hi Soul and Alan

Soul, I am experiencing the same thing, although this is my first baby. I can literally feel the baby's head in the bottom of my pelvis. I was watching the first episode of the Biggest Loser on Sunday when I had VERY sharp stabbing pains coming from the very bottom - the bowel and cervix (it felt like). I was sitting at the time and tried to stand. I was only able to walk in a doubled over position. I thought I must desperately need to go to the toilet but when I did absolutely nothing happened. I came to the conclusion that the baby's head must be there pushing on my bowel, because there is no doubt that is exactly what it felt like. My DH was very concerned and about to call the midwives.

I have had this on several occasions since, especially after vaccuuming or doing large amounts of walking around. It also feels like sometimes the baby is trying to claw its was out of the cervix and that REALLY makes me jump - NOT a nice feeling. This has only started in the last couple of days, mind you.

At the moment I am walking very gingerly and think I will be doing so from now on. Like yourself, Soul, I reckon the baby has run out of room to do the tumbles and stuff it has been doing and now only moves its knee up and down and it arms around. It's knee also gets jammed under my rib.

It is extremely difficult to find a comfortable seating position - or for that matter sleeping position.

I have come to the conclusion that it is NOT BH, but the baby being quite rough and jamming its head in places I wouldn't ordinarily allow someone to jam their head. I have been told by my midwife and OB that my baby is in the perfect position for birth and that I shouldn't experience what they refer to as "back labour". So, with that in mind, I will continue to put up the the proverbial pain in the #@se for now. If it goes on any longer though, I may have to write a strongly worded letter to someone.

i experienced the same thing in the last month of pg, sometimes it was unbearable and i cried and couldn't sleep. the only thing that stopped him was labour.

sending lots of labour vibes your way for 38 weeks, hope you don't go overdue

Soul,
    I am so sorry your going through that pain, I am too but not as much.
    Jett is fully engaged now and he headbutts my bladder, so its not as painful. Also i get his head right on my cervix and feet in my ribs.
    I hope you go on your EDD and not over.........
    Jen

Alan I was actually told by the midwives with our third, forth, fifth and now sixth child that they do not need to engage as early as first time babies becuase I have already been well strecthed in that region. See now I get confused, why would the midwives tell me this? I am not disagreeing with you, not at all, I am just annoyed they all said different to me. And although you said all the other things I am whining about are common they are not common for me and this is number six. I guess as I am the one feeling it, I just know its not a common thing for me. Does that make sense. I know all the text books say it is, but physically its not for me being the women. I did find out though that it could be because of my GD that he is on the large size which would cause all this "Overly exadgerated Discomfort"! A big baby would make sense to me seeing I have never experineced it so chronic with five of the othjers. I did a little with number 4 but again she was 9 and a half pounds!

The pain in the bowel is different from jsut pressure like when baby is descending into the cervix. Its more asharp pain. So hard to explain!

lestypuss, omg your hilarious! You poor love! I noticed you a month ahead of me though, so I am feeling this all much early! Hmmm maybe I will go early!

scorpiomum, I am gong to ask for a c-section next Friday when my next prenatal appointment is. I have humed and hard about this and its the best option for "ME"! So really I have now got 6 weeks to go!

Soul I am under the same impression as you with babies and engagement. The first baby engages (goes in the pelvis) around 36 weeks and subsequent babies can engage at any time right up until the commencement of labour.
    I'm completely confused now too.

Soul
    Babies do not need to engage until you are in labour. However subsequent babies usually engage before first timers because you are usually well stretched. Not only do subsequent babies often engage earlier they can also disengage. So for some women there baby pops in and out again. A first time baby once engaged will usually stay engaged

OK girls I just did a bit of research on this. And the facts are. Your baby I not considered to be engaged unless it stay in the pelvis. So even though subsequent babies can move in and out of the pelvis early they are not considered to be engaged until they stay there. So technically, I was incorrect. (not going to say wrong because Iím a bloke and we are never wrong) LOL.

Iím sorry for any confusion.

Soul, I hope that this gets better for you hun

Alan, lol @ not wrong.

oh my god is this what i have to look forward to???
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.
    soul how the hec have u managed to have six? this is my first and i already correct people when they say 'next time'... i say IF IF IF there is a next time!! haha
    i'm sure i'll forget all about it once i have the baby in my arms though.

LMAO Alan! I think that is what this little man is doing, moving in and out! Actully he "IS" moving in and out. So now your 'Correct" not right but "Correct" lmao!!!

Thanks everyone!

Emma six is nothing!I will go for 7 in a few years time! Mind you I am going in complete mad stage now wanting this over with, but then at night I will lay back in the chair and feel him wiggling aorund and think to myself, oh you are so worth every bit of this!

Well wish me luck for thursday thats when I annoucne I want a c-section!

I don't think I have GD as I had the test on Fridaya nd no one rang me, so yay I must not have it!