Thread: Lower belly pain and heart pain

Default Lower belly pain and heart pain

I am almost 37 weeks pregnant and last night this sudden cramping in the lower part of my bump started and is still going over 12 hrs later. It is quite sore and sometimes intensifies. Also, every time I breathe in it feels like it is tight in my chest and I get pain, possibly in my heart. Any ideas would be great. Also every time the baby moves it is now like a stabbing pain, very sore. I rang the hospi and midwife seemed to think belly pain was normal but to get the chest pain checked out, but I am home alone with DS and have rung 2 Doctor's who are completely booked out.

Can you contact your DH? I really think you should get it checked out. Take your DS if you have to. Much better to be safe than sorry. If you can't get a Dr go to the birthing unit. They will check you out. Good luck.

stomach pains r normal at this stage as im getting them and wouldnt b as worried about them but the chest pains ive already spent 4 nites in hosp with that problem when i was 33 wks preg , ive only just been through the final all clear last week when i had aheart ultrasound done which came back normal as my heart rate was a little abnormal with its drops or something when i was admitted , u never know they thought i had blood clot in the lung at 1st and were given me heprin shots , u really should get it checked out even going to the birth suite thats wat i done and once baby was checked out and was ok, they sent me over to emergency outpatients were i was admitted eventually but even if u go the the birth suite they look after u and at least u will get a bit of advice or something to let u know wats going on , just in case .
    i would phone the hospital again , i did it 2 x and i even rang the mater hospital who told me to ring them back and tell them its not right ,
    i wish u all the best
    savina

Have you considered attending the emergency department? If you can't get into see a GP then that would be the next best place to go. Does the pain get worse when you breath? Is it there all the time or does it come and go? Do you feel like it is difficult to breath? What sort of pain is it eg. sharp, heavy, dull etc? The abdo pain sounds very normal for your stage of pregnancy. Good luck.

Yeah i'd go to the birthing unit and get checked out. Anything that just 'doesn't feel right' is worth looking into. Good luck - hope it turns out to be nothing serious

Jessica - one thing about the heart is that there are no pain sensors there, so any "pain" is felt elsewhere.

I have bad upper back pain, and that hurts my chest quite considerably. But by all means, go to the hospital, emergency ward or to your hospital birthing centre. Once you're there, its harder to leave until they've worked out what's wrong. Are you able to leave the little one with a neighbour? Or call someone else to meet you there?

Thanks for your replies. DH came home and I spent 6hrs last night in the ED. They couldn't work out what was wrong, but atleast I got checked out. Since coming home I have had a very high temp overnight (39.1) but that seems to have eased. I am going back to the hospi today so they can monitor the baby some more to make sure he is coping OK with his oven being quite ill!

Jessica, I hope you feel better hun.

*slurps* feel better soon Jessica. Glad you went to the hospital.

gigi01 Guest

Feel better Jessica - glad you got checked out.That temp sounds no good. Look after yourself. Hope all is ok.

Gigi

Update - went to the maternity ward, baby is OK but heart racing just like mine. Went home. Headache and temp became unbearable, rang maternity and they told me to come in. Did a few more tests etc and you wouldnt believe it, sinusitis! Talk about pathetic, but soooooooo painful. Tested baby again yesterday and he is nice and relaxed.

Anyway, today I am feeling a lot better but so damn hot and sweaty, which is funny because my temp has been normal for about 24hrs. I have some lower belly pain, hmm maybe I am now going into labour? Who knows, after the last few days anything is possible! Sinusitis, after all that! Gotta say though, its VERY painful!

What a relief, but still ... as you say ... sinusitis!

Glad not too serious and bub's good.

dawnatello12 Guest

glad you are feeling better!
    take care of yourself and glad it is nothing major. better to get checked out then to not is what i say!

Jessica, how are you going today ?

Take care and try and get as much rest as you can.