Thread: Maternity Bra's

Default Maternity Bra's

OK – I’m sure this have been asked a million times but I am going to ask it again.
    I have about 7 weeks to go now and am still wearing my sports bra’s which I am finding very comfortable for now. I have been thinking about buying some maternity bras but am not sure which size I should be getting.

I was a 12C before I fell pregnant and went up to a 12D during the early months. I am still in a 12D and they feel really comfortable. I have read that your boobs get bigger again when your milk comes in and then settle down after a few weeks. Does this mean I should buy a 12D or by settle down does that mean that they will go back to their pre preg size and I should be buying 12C’s? Any info would be great.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

It will probably be at least a few months before your boobs go back to thier pre-pregnancy size but when your milk comes in they will probably be really huge for just a short time (mine were like melons for about 3 days). A good maternity bar should be able to cope witha few fluctations in size because when you feed they go down for a while and sometimes if bubs only empties one side you gat a really attracrtive lopsided look until the next feed. I found that the bras that fit me just before Yasin arrived fitted afterwards too.

Hi Lolly,

I am normally a 14D, and have gotten 14D maternity bras. How big you get after bubs is born is hard to say, but it does settle down a bit once feeding is established. Remember thought that you will have a nursing pad underneath as well. With #3 i went up to an E cup, but this settled down to a D again. Make sure you get fitted properly though. The best bra that I found was a triumph brand, which i got from Myer and extremly comfy! Hope this helps.

sherieb

I wore 14D bras through the pg, and they were still fine when bf. mind you there were a few days when my milk came in that i totally bulged out of them :shock: but its not worth buying bigger bras just for a few days, you just put up with it.

HTH

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Don't forget to check out the article on the main site: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/pregnancy
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I would go to Myer or another store and get properly fitted. They will know exactly what size you will need. It is important that the breast is well supported.

I got fitted into a 12D at 14wks (was a 10B pre-pregnancy). I just recently went to Myer again because I needed to get a couple more bras, and I also thought I'd need a bigger size for when the milk comes in, and I was right. I got fitted into a 12DD.

Hope this helps!

I agree on the getting properly fitted thing. I was a 14D before hand, went up to a 14DD pretty much straight away, and then a 16DD in the last couple of months. All my 16DD's have been great right through breastfeeding and through the whole milk coming in thing. Maternity bras aer great becayse they come with more clips (6 instead of 3) on the back, and you can tighten them up when you need to (like after feeding or on skinny days... LOL)
    I would suggest buying 2-3 comfy ones now, and then maybe buying a couple more when bubs is 2months old? They can then be your going out bras so to speak. I had to buy a couple of cheapies from target too - really soft and almost nothing there, but great for night time with a few face washers stuffed in. I had to sleep in a bra for about 4 months.

Melinda Guest

I also agree with getting properly fitted - I highly recommend it in fact!