Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maternity pads

SueB Guest

Default Maternity pads

Just wondering if anyone has used the Kotex maternity pads ?

If so what did you think of them ? Are they any good?

If not what pad did you use?

I haven't used the Kotex ones, and I don't even think I can get them at my local supermarket actually. I used the Libra night time/maternity ones as they feel really good to wear (I use them for night time AF use). I don't like the stayfree ones as they have an odd shape and feel strange in my knickers.

I used the Kotex when I was in hospital - they were great for the first few days when my flow was quite heavy and then after the first week or so I went to the Stayfree ultra slim ones, as I didnt need the *surfboards* anymore! After about 3 weeks I went to normal ultra slim pads that I used to use for AF.
    HtH!

i really like the kotex ones. i'm wearing one right now!

i used them for the first couple of days when i was really heavy then moved to libra maternity/goodnights as are much thinner and i dont like to feel like i am wearinga surfboard this time around i have bought 1 pack of kotex and 3 of the libras. There is nothing wrong with the kotex they are just thicker than what i like to wear IYKWIM

I used Libra goodnight. I had the stupid hospital ones as well for the first few days! But i find the Night ones did the same job as maternity ones and cost less.

I used the Kotex ones for the first couple weeks.. then just when I went out for extra protection and smaller liners for at home ...

I am more then happy with them.. already have some bought

hey there i used kotex for the first few days and for when my waters broke then went to ultra thin maternity now night time stayfree... i did find the kotex ones really good, i never leaked and they were comfy on the stitches i had which were tender... also i had really leaky bbs and kotex cut in half were the best thing for over night when i would leak through onto my clothes with normal breast pads

Same with the others. I used Kotex just for the first days (just bought one pack) and found it very comfortable on the ouchy stitches. Libra maternity/good nights (lots of them) after that, they're so thin and the bleeding wasnt as bad as before

I used Libra (they were a babyshower pressie from my mum!) and they were great. The Kotex ones are good too, I used them when the Libra ran out... I prefered the Libra, but both are good.

I used both, the libra were great on the stitches. If you go get yourself a pack of mens' undies they have a bit more room for the pad to sit in, which if you have a bit of ice for the stitches in there as well is very comfy. The hospital pads don't have a waterproof lining, so put them over an ultrathin for added protection.

our midwife from our classes recommended the kotex ones.. as thats what she used when she had her babies... so i will be giving them a go i think

I haven't used Kotex but will after reading this thread - last time I used Libra and have bought 2 packs. I definately will not use stayfree again though - they are like the pads I remeber wearing as a young teen before ultra thins - yukko!

I've bought the Libra ones this time around...used Stayfree and Kotex last time and it was like walking around with a towel in between your legs!

*ducky* Guest

How many packs of pads are needed? Like to take to the hospital and have on standby for when you get home? I've heard some horror stories - why do people tell first-time-mums this stuff?!

Thanks in advance

I used the crappy hospital ones at first with DD1. Can't really remember after that. With DD2 I used Libra nights/ maternity. Just so you know I don't think anything stops the leak the first night, or after your first sleep. But it'll only be for the first day it'll be that bad. It settles & you can keep up with it after that.
    Mine didn't with DD2 & I tried to tell the nurse two or three there was too much, but she wouldn't listen. Finally she went home & another one came on who listened. I had already run out of pants & had my sheets changed 3 or 4 times in only 6 or 7 hours. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Just so you first timers know. The first nurse treated me like an idiot. The second listened & sorted it out. I was so scared, but all was OK. If you think its not normal check with another nurse just to be reassured.

I would buy at least three packs - take two to hospital and have one at home - you will be surprised how many you go through in the first couple of days but it slows right down after that

I went through four packs of Kotex (loved them, they were heaven for my stiches!), two and half packs of which was in hospital (five days). Used the rest at home and then some Stayfree ones I'd been given. All up I probably used maternity pads for about two weeks.

Will definitely use Kotex again next time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast