Thread: Was it meant to hurt THAT much??? TMI

lucysmummie Guest

Default Was it meant to hurt THAT much??? TMI

Well I hope this is where I should post this....

We havent "done it" for a couple of weeks cause Ive been exausted...poor DH and last night we tried cause we r trying to beat my inducment (which is for next wk but havent go t the exact date yet...) and it hurt! it hurt like crazy!!!! I was in hospital last wk and had to have some internals done and they really hurt they said its cause im late in pregnancy...but should "it" hurt??? I mean were trying to bring on labour!....

I told DH to go slow and he did but I just had to grin and bare it cause I want this bubba out before the docs try to intervene....it would b nice anyway for the first.....

what r u thoughts?

Kirsty77 Guest

Yep it hurts!! Even now when we dtd it hurts afterwards for me. It throbs it hurts so much!I'm guessing its cause its been a while inbetween.

Honestly, I wouldn't know! At that stage I was so huge I couldn't even contemplate trying! But internals did hurt so it's probably normal. I was also told long walks can help bring on labour. I'm not sure if it's true, but with DS I gave it a try and walked for about an hour in the afternoon on the day after he was due. Four hours later I was in labour! So it's probably worth a try for you!!

Good luck!!

Melanie.

Have you had a read of This article on the main site? It is full of natural induction methods.

I found DTD to be pretty painful in late stage pregnancy as well. I think your body is much more tender down there as things are getting moved along.

Yes it hurt for me too as we DTD as a natural induction. We tried the usual as well - bumpy roads, spicy food and acupressure points. My waters broke and Amy was born at 39 weeks.

lucysmummie Guest

WELL thats reasuing! thanks girls... I have read the article on the main page and havent really tried all of them...mayb I will try the walking thing...my back aches after I walk though.... my mum suggested licorice too but u have to eat heaps of it.... mmmm I just wish i could go naturally instead of being induced.... I want my baby NOW!

go for a long walk babe. do whatever you can. eat a whole truck of licorice

lucysmummie Guest

LOL! Ive gotta do the grocery shopping when danny gets home from work so a long walk around the shops might work..... mmm I LOVE licorice! my mum went into labour with me after eating 2 bags of it!!! hehehe!

I DTD right up to the night before bubs was born (c section) but it never hurt for us... maybe because we did it all the way thru.... i do know it hurt like hell after bubs was born, and i put that down to not having done it for 2 weeks.... OUCH!!

Good luck with trying to get bubs moviing!!

eat 3 bags missy!

*TamaraP* Guest

Gawd if she eats that much licorice she will be sitting on the toilet!!!

lucysmummie Guest

mmmmm licorice..... must get me some