Thread: Measuring above average?

Default Measuring above average?

Ok so we had our OB appointment today 28w4d and passed the GTT and the Dr said measuring 33cms already which is well above average..

Should I be prepared for a massive baby? I am starting to get a little nervous now

Love to hear stories of measuring big but still had a smaller bubba

I am short and DH is not tall at all so I dunno what to expect now lol!!

Don't stress!
    Measurements can be affected by the baby's position. Or maybe it is a bit bigger than average, but that's fine too. Trust your body to make a baby the right size for you.

My lovely! Glad to hear from you
    I was always measuring ahead - but by week 37, it all caught up - and DS was born at 3.18kgs (7lbs exactly)

It can be a few things, with me it ended up being excess amniotic fluid (Polyhydromnious), I did the full GD test early, and some blood tests to make sure it wasn't an infection and all came back clear we never found a reason for it.

But it could absolutely be positioning of bubs. Did your OB say anything or just wait and see what your next apppointment is like?

So exciting to see you are at 28 weeks, you are doing a great job hun

Marcellus - Thanks hunny I am going to def trust my body!!

LJ - Thankyou!! And thats even more reassuring !!!

Beema - I was thinking something to do with the fluid as some days I am sooo bloated and other days you couldn't tell I was pregnant!! I am up to fortnightly appointments now so guess he will tell me more next one?

I always measured much more ahead and I had a average 3.5kg bub (7lb 12oz).

I too was told big baby the whole way through even at the 38 week scan they said the baby was going to be in the 9pd's well she ended up a healthy 8pd 4oz.. 52cm long..

I wouldnt be too concerned just take it as it comes and I agree trust in your body.. It knows whats best..

Congrats on 29 weeks!!

Hello Lovely,

I am measuring a little bigger too....according to 20 week scan Bubs is just long so perhaps your in the same boat? Either way as the others have said, trust your body its not going to make something that you cannot birth

Hi, I'm currently 28weeks but fundal height measuring 37 weeks. My belly went crazy at about 24 - 25 weeks and I was diagnosed with polyhydroamnios (excess fluid). Apart from being a little more uncomfortable than normal I think all will be fine with both bubs and I. I always measured a few weeks bigger than dates with my other boys and they were born 8lb2oz and 10lb so who knows - wait and see.