Thread: Measuring fundal height

cathy Guest

Default Measuring fundal height

Can anyone help? I am confused i measured from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus and it reads 38cms but i am only 33 weeks so shouldnt i be 33cms? last few visits to the midwife i was exact (i.e. @ 28weeks i was 28cms and at 30 weeks i was 30cms) it seems strange i dont know whether i should be concerned or not, i wont be seeing the midwife for another two weeks has anyone else had this happen?

HI Cathy

It is only a rough measurement I was always a good 5 cm under in late stages of pregnancy with Lachlan and I know girls that were way over way more than 3cm so don't be concerned.

Love :hbeat:

Cathy,

Hi, measurements can also change abit by the positoning of your bub. My last baby was breach so my measurements were always out. Also the way you measured and the way the midwife measures maybe alittle different. Don't stress too much as I am sure all will be ok

Take care
    Trish

Its normal to be a bit out as its only as guesstimate. I'm almost 35 weeks and for the last 2 weeks have been measuring 2-3cm more than the week i was in. So don't worry.