Thread: menstrual pain/cramps

betty.boop1 Guest

Default menstrual pain/cramps

Im not too sure if this is my body getting ready or what it is but I have had this feeling for the past three days. It feels as though I am about to get my periods. Its not really that painful more of a discomfort just above my pubic bone area. Sometimes it is really strong and other times its just very mild. But it is nothing to have me bent over a chair just enough to want to lie here with a heat pack and wait for my periods to come. I have never really suffered period pain before and everyone tells me that labour is very similar but worse but I dont really know what they mean. Does anyone else feel this?

betty, I would get it from time to time as the end of my pg's got nearer too. It is also entirely possible that you are beginning pre-labour and this can usually start from now and last until you give birth (which isn't what you want to hear probably). But it all helps towards the end goal of giving birth to your baby too OK, by giving your body time to prepare for the big event by gently stretching and moving everything into place for it.

im getting that too betty!! although i used to get period pain before being pg, it feels the same, and being pg sometimes i forget i am pg thinking damn my period is coming lol
    is it unsual to get it early like me? im only 34weeks, although told bubs would be here sooner, im still worried with most things i feel these days iykwim.

Yep - had it today. It's settled now but was there for an hour or more. Just that dull ache in the lower pelvis and back. Oh how I haven't missed that feeling

I also had this in the last 2 or so weeks of my pregnancy.