Thread: mild contractions, 29 weeks?????

Question mild contractions, 29 weeks?????

Hi, I have been experiencing mild painful contractions for the pass 3 days now. They are every 10-15 mins and last about 30-40secs. I was admitted into hospital on tuesday and stay over night to be observed. They sent me home int he morning as things didnt get worse. Im frustrated as they didnt really explain why this is happening and if it will continue. I dont think I can put up with 10 more weeks of this. On top of this I have a very painful pelvis and lower back. Any comments? What should I do? Should I call the hospital if it continues?
    Cheers

I would call the hospital and I would get them to answer your questions while you are there. They should be telling you whats happening. At the end of the day your health and bubs health are the most important thing, good luck!

Hi Ollie75blue,
    Im 30 weeks pregnant and last night had mild contractions for 2 hours. They eventually stopped. I think as long as they dont become stronger or closer together then they are probably just BH contractions. Hospital should have explained all this to you. Maybe you could ring up and ask someone to explain what was happened last time. Why don't you come and join (belly buddies due 1-15 july)

Hi Ollie
    If your contractions are 10 – 15 mins apart and lasting for 30 – 40 seconds then you need to go to hospital. This could be early labour. The hospital will give you some tablets to stop the contractions. If the pain in your lower back is more like an ache then this is also a sign of early labour.

Hi - I would also be straight to the hospital. I also had bad lower back pain at 28 weeks that turned out to be labour. I wish I had realised and gone in earlier, as it was I went in too late and bubs was born (is going fine now).
    I hope that all goes well and if it is labour that they can stop it for you. Take care!

Hi, thanks for your input. It is now day 4 and I am still having these contractions. I went to the midwives today and she said dont worry about it. Thanks easy for her to say. I guess the good thing is I havent had a show. I will be resting all weekend as I have been and if it continues I will be going back in and wanting some answers. Gee another thing is I have been really emotional.

Ollie
    Did they do an ECG?
    It is important that if the contractions get stronger or closer together go to the hospital.
    Rest as much as you can. No sex. make sure that your bra fits very well. No loose fitting bras. no going without a bra during the day.

Hi Alan,
    yes they did monitor and contractions were every 10 mins, mild. Then they did a swab test, not sure of the name, but result was I had 90% change of not going into labour this week. I am trying to rest, but I am under a huge amount of stress right now and I am trying not to stress. No sex(that's easy none for a while tmi) why is it inportant to wear a bra? My iron levels are low and I feel like sleeping all day. Gee life as a pregnant women must get better then this.

Hi Ollie
    A well fitting bra will help to stop your nipples from being rubbed. Nipple stimulation can help to bring on labour