Thread: A million different due dates!!!

Default A million different due dates!!!

Hi!
    I have just arrived back from my ANC appt, only to be told that my due dates have changed... AGAIN!!!!

I have been given about 10 different dates now, and although I know that they can't be certain on dates... I'm am beginning to get a little annoyed/confused!

I was Just wondering, how many different due dates everyone has been given??
    And if you've already had children, and we're gvien a few different dates, how far from ur original due date was your little one born?
    I know bub's will come when he wants to come! But It's alittle dissappointing when they tell you that you are 2 weeks less than you thought!!

Thanks
    Nicky

Would having a later due date cause any confusion at the hospital? Lets say that Nicky went in to labour at what she thinks is 40 weeks but going by the last scan, Nicky would only be 38 wks. Would the hospital try and stop the labour or allow it to go ahead?

nicky - from memory at your 12 wk scan didnt they change to due date to 31st of July?? I guess I have been lucky and my due date has been 25th of July since day 1..

I was always told that the date given during your first trimester is the most accurate, I had a dating scan that told me that I was due on the 28th Sept but my LMP date was the 21st Sept. With every scan since they have said that the baby is measuring different to my date but that they will still work off the dating scan date.
    Babies grow at different rates during the latter stages of pregnancy hence why they say to use your first trimester date.

DD was 2nd december, u/s said 29th nov...... she was born 29th nov

This time Dr said 15th oct...u/s said 21st oct... so we will see!

When i booked into the hospital i was given a due date from my LMP.. they told me 11/3. EDD from O date would have been 14/3. When I had my scan at 12 weeks, there was a couple days difference, but they didnt change my due date. She was born 3/3.

Well, all would be well adn good if I had a dating scan... but i didn't!!!
    My first scan was at 16w. I measured approx 15w, then sacn at 20w measured 18w2d, scan at 22w measured 21w6d and scan last fri at 27w 3d measured 27w2d.
    My GP was wuite happy with my Origianl edd of 17th july

I had a m/c on 10th august, bled for 10 days. Then like clockwork, I had my first period 10th september. Then 10th october, and then I tested my self 5th Novemeber, negetive, and tested again 11th november with BFP... and there was no mistaking that Bright line on the HPT.
    I have always been told before today, just to stick with my edd. It's just so confusing when the same doc told me at 20w, to go with my edd, and tells me today that I am only 26w???

I am having plenty more scans, so I'll just see what they say after each one.

Shannon - I also thought after I posted, what if you were to go in to labour at what you thought is 38 wks but the hospital thinks you are only 36wks! That would cause some problems...

my due dates going by LMP with this pg and previous always matched up within a couple of days to the first dating scan etc.

I am told that unless your scans are more than a week either side of you LMP date, then due date should be left at LMP calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishee_#1 View Post
    My first scan was at 16w. I measured approx 15w, then sacn at 20w measured 18w2d, scan at 22w measured 21w6d and scan last fri at 27w 3d measured 27w2d.
    Have they actually changed your due date based on these late scans, or just said that baby is measuring a certain gestation.

I had a scan at 32 weeks (and we are absolutely sure of conception dates, as my pregnancy was assisted via intra-uterine insemination) ... they told me baby was measuring 36 weeks. This didn't mean my due date had changed at all ... it was just an estimation of baby's size, which was obviously estimated to be bigger than what most 32w babies would be.

Anyway, this might not apply to you, but just thought I'd throw in an alternative explanation ...

Beauty cherie sounds good
    all the scans who him 'measuring' at those certain dates!
    I don't think they have anything to do with his EDD! I am pretty certain on my dates... although I don't know when i ovulate, I do know when I tested positive!!

I am not sure what these docs are basing their thoughts on? Every other time i have been told, 'stick with your original due date'. Every other time they have been ahppy enough with July 17, so it's so confusing when they tell you at 28 weeks, 'actually, you're only 26 weeks'. lol

I know next time that I will DEMAND a 12 week scan!!! lol
    thanks

Hi Nicki,

I think stick with your original date, because if they change it and you get to 40 weeks by the new date, you may already be 42 weeks, and they should then be inducing. It is much better if they think you are only 36 weeks and really 38 because Bgo has a pretty good special care nursery. and when he pops out they'll realise that his fiting fit and they were wrong.
    If you do go any earlier than 36 weeks, they will probably chuck you in an ambulance and send you to melb, or wait for bubs to be born and chopper you there. So don't stress about the actuall date.

Bendigo is very well equiped for a country hospital.

Rarely do later scans match the due date. Like people, babies at the same gestation can be all different sizes depending on growth spurts, genetics, etc.

I would be going by your LMP date, it would be the most accurate.

I didn't have an LMP for months before I got pregnant, so there was no way of dating, but I had at ultrasound at around 5 weeks and I used that as my dating scan.

Every single scan (I've had 7 scans this pregnancy) since has showed that the EDD that was used from the original scan is about a week or two ahead. I'm due the 24th May, but most of my scans have come back from the 10-18th of May as the EDD. I'm ignoring it because 1) my DP is tall and the baby is large and 2) I don't want to be unecessarily induced if they say Im overdue, so I purposely stuck with the latest EDD. I've had the control luckily to dictate my EDD as I've had little contact with the hospital as I have a hosptial phobia, and when I have gone, I just tell them my official EDD is the 24th.

My lastest scan is showing a very large for dates baby (95th percentile) or that my baby is actually 2-3 weeks older than what the EDD is saying. To me, scan dating after 9 weekish is completely unreliable for an EDD.

But in the end, most babies aren't born on their EDD!

One of the hospitals near us gives a "due month" now, for that reason - too many disagreements on the exact due date. Given that the evidence suggests that birth anywhere from 38 weeks to 42 weeks can be considered normal, they just give a 28-day range.

paradise lost Guest

I knew when i DTD, though i O'd late or i wouldn't have gotten DD at all (using natural family planning)! DTD on CD 16&18 of a 26 day cycle (got O signs on days 10-13). +ve HPT on CD 28.

From my estimated O date i was due March 24th
    From my scan (11wks, measuring 10wks 5days) they moved it to March 22nd
    DD came on April 1st, showing no signs whatever of being overdue (no long fingernails, plenty of vernix etc.).

If it were me i'd be going with my furthest away date as i wouldn't want to be induced and if there are any signs of reduced placenta function (less movement etc.) they scan you anyway. I have friends who've lied about their LMP as their hospital has a "birth by 41wks" policy meaning you get induced after only 7 days, no matter what.

Hana

Smile

I've only been given one different date. My LMP due date is 17th August. At my 12 week scan they said EDD was 15th August.

Another two scans at 18 weeks also dated me for the 15th August so I figured it would have been that week sometime.

Only now Im being induced at 37 weeks due to medical conditions. Sometimes dates dont mean so much in the end as I will hopefully have my little boy home by then!