Thread: Movement in the last few weeks

Default Movement in the last few weeks

Hi ladies,

My movement has slowed down from the energetic kicks to more the slow, gentle movements here and there. They are less in volume and intensity. Is this OK? I am 36 weeks and 2 days. I get movements maybe 4 times a day but nothing like the big kicks I used to get. I get the pressure feelings but I don't really class them as movements. Sometimes I will feel a foot lodging somewhere uncomfortable but these are less than they were before.

Thanks

Hi Jan
    Yes very common. Your baby has mow a lot less space to play in. Movements will be mostly a lot more gentle now. And you will probably get lots more things sticking up and causing strange shapes on your belly

Thanks Alan, I was really starting to worry.

Hey Jan. I barely get any kicks at all from Ed now but get a fair bit of squirming and wriggling sort of movements, but like you said, only a few times a day as opposed to when it used to feel like there was a football game going on in there 24 hours a day!! Like Alan said, I'm also getting strange little growths sticking out - trying to identify what a particular bump is is very cheap entertainment!

Hi Jan - mine is the same i am 31 weeks and now its like rolling pushing movements rather than kicks - i was worried aswell but not any more....

I had exactly what Alan described. I used to get this foot stick out on my right side under my ribs.