Thread: Movement spasms

Default Movement spasms

Hi there,
    Sorry, this is my first post but I am getting a little worried about a change in the type of movements I am feeling. I am 30 weeks along. Lately I have been experiencing spasm type movements (almost like a strong fluttering movement) which last about 5 seconds. I seem to get them once or twice a day. I still feel the normal kicks, etc as well.
    Does anyone else experience anything like this, or have any ideas on what it is/what I should do?
    I would appreciate anyones advice!
    Thank you!

Hi Emitob

Everything sounds fine. Movements usually change from big bouncy swooping movements to kicks and punches. This is because there is less room inside for the baby to move as much as he used to. As long as you are getting some kicks etc it is all normal

Hi,
    I'm 31 weeks and having the exact same movements as what you describe....i was telling dh about it and then he actually got to see it from the outside and a spasm of movement is about the only way to describe it! Its comforting to know that its happening to you as well!!

Taia's Mum Guest

Sounds just like what I get! It's just bubs beating you up on the insides! No need to worry!

Phew - thanks everyone for the reassurance. I feel much better now. :-)

Hey I've been having the same thing, it feels like a little convulsion or something! Very odd! But glad to hear other people are having the same thing... I'm 31 weeks.

Me too, I was starting to wonder if bubby was having a seizure or something!

LOL, i miss those. All i get now is a big FOOT out one side then a huge BUM out the other!

Simone

Phew, im having them too, i also thought bub's was having some sort of convulsion!! funny how the mind wonders!!