Thread: movements-how often???

Default movements-how often???

hi
    im 27 weeks and was wondering how often i should be feeling the bubs move. i have an anterior placenta so the kicks are cushioned and i feel them on and off throughout the day but usually a couple here and there...is that ok?

sarak

I found I never got the whole daily routine of movements the books tell you to expect - I have days where Ed is either really active, or quiet. I was told that so long as you get 10 or more movements a day, its probably fine - although having an anterior placenta you could be having heaps that you're just not feeling.

Ask your OB/midwife next time you have a check up if you're concerned, and maybe keep a little chart of when you do feel them.

I'm not sure how often. I think if you are high risk you are asked to count up to 10 movements a day and stop after that, just to make sure all is ok.

Tanya

ETA... Lulu, you beat me to it

ok thanks. whenever i get worried about it the bub gives me a kick. at the moment im getting a few kicks (its telling me to relax and leave it alone) feisty little one!!

I have an anterior placenta too. I did not feel the baby more allot for a long long time. Now that I am 38 1/2 weeks she is going crazy in there and I have felt her a lot more in the last month. I think the placenta cushions allot of the movement for us.