Thread: Mucus plug and belly pains

Default Mucus plug and belly pains

Just wanted to ask a Q about the mucus plug. What size are we talking for those of you have lost your mucus plug wether it be over time or all at once. I didn't see anything when i had DS as i was induced at 37 weeks so i am kinda lost as to what i am looking for.
    The reason i ask is i have lost a few jelly like blobs about the size of a ten cent piece over the last few days which are clear/whitish in colour and are not blood stained. And at other times there is no big blobs but a brownish tinge to the cm that is there when i wipe. This has been over the last four or five days but not every time i go to the loo. I am also getting belly and back pains really low down like a mild period pain that come and go but am unsure as to wether these are stretching pains as bubs heads further south or BH (as i didn't have these with DS either).

Any advice is welcome- i feel like i'm stuck in the dark with no answers

Thanks Kas

Kas, I had something that sounds identical to your jelly blob a few days ago and since it was so totally unlike the CM I have had during this pregnancy I'm pretty sure it was a bit of the plug. I haven't seen anything since and since bubs isn't quite cooked I'd prefer not to for another week or so. As Jillian says it can start to come away 2 weeks (or sometimes more) before labour. With Yasin I had a giant blob that was kind of like brownish snot.
    The period pains sound like maybe you've got some pre-labour starting up \/ . I hope that bubs waits around until your ob is back from holidays.

I have had this jelly blob thing about 5 times now I told the midwife and she said it is nothing to worry about and no its not the plug she laughed when I told her I think I gave birth to a baby jelly fish hehehehe but that is what it looked like you know those slimmy little jelly fish you find dead on the beach hahahaha

Thanks for your replies. I was just a little unsure. I have also spoken to my SIL who has had the same things happening. I have been getting a handful of sudden period like pains each days that can last anywhere from a few seconds to up to sometimes a few minutes and then they go. I was mainly just concerned with how much plug there was to actually loose just so i had some idea of where i stood with what i may have already lost.

Thanks again