Thread: Mucus Plug.......(TMI warning!)

Default Mucus Plug.......(TMI warning!)

Ok girls, here goes......

This morning I woke up feeling very "sticky" in my nether regions, so got up to go to the loo.

There was more CM than usual when I wiped.

Then when I wiped again, I had a big glob of clear looking CM, but thicker and more "jelly-like", about the size of a 10 cent piece. Not blood tinged or anything. Like a ball of snot to be honest!

Would this be the mucus plug I have heard about?

And if so, does that mean that labour is close??? How close?!

Sorry Lucy

I can't help you with that one. I never lost mine well I did but I was at the hosptial after being induced and when i wiped it looked thicker than usual and had a brown tinge to it, and no where near as big as what you have said. That was the last time i went to the toilet before giving birth. Maybe some other BTDT girls can help you

Love :smt049

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Woo Hoo Lucy!! It's all happening hey! It is usually an indicator of labour in the next two weeks YAY!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hey there Sounds like your plug to me! I had "sweeping" done (I think thats what its called...gosh its all a blur :smt022) Where the OB stretches everything for you to help move things along, well I had it one day the plug like you described came out the next. BUT...on the morning I went into labour, it came out again but this time stained with blood, so from what I understand it can grow back slightly, but its the tainted plug that generally indicates Labour within 24-48 hours...but don't quote me on that LOLOLOL!

Goodluck, I hope you are holding your prescious soon!

*hugs*
    Cailin

mum2one04 Guest

HI GIRLS!!! The proud new mummy of two weeks and two days here. I had a slow leakage of my show for several days before I went into full blown labour. I had a show with a red tinge during labour too. I don't think you can really trust anything to say when your going into labour I think you will go into labour when bub is ready or provoked to arrive, as my partner and I were told and realised. If you want your baby to arrive a little early sex works best the prostoglandins, however you spell it, are marvellous things. I had my little girl at 38 weeks and 4 days and the labour went exceptionally well. Both of us were in good health and not to traumatised by the big day. However as tired as you are after the big event you won't sleep that night or day because you will just lie there looking at the beautiful baby you and your partner produced. I swear it is the best feeling you could ever have.

Welcome back on deck mum2one !!

I slept the night I gave birth. Kameron had to be taken to neo-natal during the night and I was so dead to the world they didn't have the heart to wake me and tell me. There was however a nurse hovering close by my room most of the night in case I woke up and freaked out my baby was gone. When i did finally wake up a nurse was in my room within minutes to explain what went on.

Love :smt049

mum2one04 Guest

That would be scary to wake up and there was no baby. I'm glad the nurse was close by or you would have freaked. I had a good sleep once I got home from hospital. I hated being in hospital I wanted to come home as soon as the birth was over. Pretty eager wasn't I. Never mind.

Lucy, that sounds exactly like what I just had..... It was still a while before Olivia arrived though wasn't it?

Hi Sarah, yep, I posted that on the 30th Jan and Olivia didn't arrive until 21st Feb!

Hi Lucy,

I may be missing something but your ticker says that you are 20 weeks??

I had some CM which was similar to your description last week. I just put it down to increased CM during pg and hope I am not going into labour yet!

Don't worry Gemma!!

The original post is a REALLY old one (30th Jan 2004) and I had Olivia in Feb 2004, so the original post is all in relation to my pregnancy with Olivia, not this current pregnancy! (So my ticker is correct for this new pregnancy.)

Sorry to confuse/spin you out!!

Well, I'm certainly hoping that it doesn't take another 3 weeks like you Lucy!!

Sorry Gemma for confusing you!! I just resurrected this post cos Lucy gave a good description of what I had just had!

Sarah

So, do you remember what I said last week about how the "show" looks!

Just like Lucy described hey!

Sounds like it's getting closer mate! You won't have to wait 3 weeks though remember - Friday's the day........if not before!

Wonder how Deb's going!

Best wishes

Yup just like you said too Kell

I have my appointment in just over 1/2 an hour so I'll know for sure if I will be induced on Friday.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!!

I was another one starting to freak out about Lucy, thinking OMG she`s only 20 weeks along, I didn`t even think about looking at the date.

Take Care

Deeanne

Melinda Guest

Sarah - I lost my mucus plug when I was in labour with Jacob and was in the hospital.....he was born the next day. It's different for everybody though!