Thread: For Mums2be

Ms Lee Guest

Default For Mums2be

Just a recommendation that you tape your birth.

Everytime I watch mine, I cry, all pain aside, it is just the most beautiful and emotional moment in the world. I'm sooooooo glad that I have it on tape and I would highly recommend any future Mums to do it. You never ever have to watch it but it's there if you do want to.

It's really tasteful since I'm in the water you really don't see the nether region up close and I have a crop top on, so no boobies flashing about either. All my close friends have seen it, it's that tasteful (apart from me moaning and groaning but there's always the volume control for that ) and some family members too.

DP set it up after her birth too, on me giving M her first feed and forgot to turn it off. So it was on as we were ringing people to tell them the news and it was really interesting to hear myself explain to a girlfriend all about the labour. There were some details I had forgotten and it was so great to have this recorded.

So to anyone out there preparing for birth - give it a go! I'm so thrilled that I have it. And it may just be something that you keep for yourself but once it's gone, you can never get that opportunity again and I have friends now saying, "I wish I had taped mine".

Did anyone else tape their birth too, as none of my friends have?

Hi ms lee

I taped both my sons births. With Kameron it was all up close and personal as Andrew didn't really know what to do LMAO but with Lachlans we set up the video camera in the corner and just left it running. Unfortunately the stupid student doctor turned on the bright white lights which over exposed the film but you can see peoples bodies make out who they are etc, so probably as good thing as you don't get to see blood etc LOL, but you definitely hear me scream when I give birth to that head

Love :hbeat:

Ms Lee Guest

:smt005 Astrolady!

Debbie Lee Guest

That's really interesting Ms Lee. I suppose, gross stuff aside, it's not something that you are ever going to go through again in the same way (no matter how many kids you have). We will have the video camera at hand so I might get Neil to do a little bit throughout the ordeal. I suppose it depends on how we feel at the time.
    Thanks for the different perspective though!

Pietta Guest

We were told we werent allowed a camera becuse of 'privacy issues' because if the nurses or drs stuffed up we would have them on camera. Also we would have to ask each dr and nurse personally if the consented to being taped!! I thought- hmmm.. whos giving birth here??

Debbie Lee Guest

That is ridiculous Pee! Honestly, this whole liability thing has gone insane!!! What's the fricken point in owning a video camera anymore? Pretty soon they will make it law that you can't video your children anymore because it might have a negative impact on them when they grow up and they could sue you for any embarrassing footage! That's how ridiculous it is getting.

The thing is, if something goes wrong, someone has to be to blame. If you catch it on tape, at least the right person gets the blame and not someone who doesn't deserve it. Hospitals should be encouraging it imo!

Ms Lee Guest

I agree it's so unfair that some don't allow video taping.

We were talking about taping births on the weekend and someone suggested that for those worried about seeing too much, then the video could be set up from a side view. Just another thought.

yes ms lee that is what we did with lachlan a side view, although as the birth happened the nurse was in front of the camera delivering anyway so you wouldn't see it even if it wasn't over exposed. plus we had it on wide angle and not zoomed in

Ms Lee,

Just wondering did you give birth in the water? I am planning a home waterbirth for this bub and was just curious if you did the whole thing in water. I am hoping to tape this bubs birth, we don't have a camera yet and are planning on buying one for ourselves for Christmas, so fingers crossd that we do.

Take care
    Trish

Ms Lee Guest

Hi Trish,
    Yes, I did and it was wonderful. It wasn't just a bath either it was like a big spa only without the inserts, big enough that DP was in there with me. They say being in the water is great for pain relief and if that is so then I would have hated to have been out of the water because I felt it was pretty horrific anyway. I felt so comfortable in the spa though as I had tried all the other possible positions and this was really easy to move around and quite soothing in between contractions. She entered the world through the water with no complications. The only down-side for me, I think was that the midwifes couldn't monitor me as closely and I suffered a 3-4th degree tear but who knows that could have happened anyway. You can always deliver out of the water, drop the water level or stand to avoid that.
    How exciting Trish, good luck and all the best!

Thanks for that Ms Lee. I'm planning on buying a pool that has an inflateable bottom on it so I don't get sore knees or bum I've heard that water is great for the pain so it just makes sense to me to do it there. I can't do it in hospital because I had a c section last time and I am considered high risk so home was the next - actually the first best thing. I can't wait for the time to come.

Take care
    Trish

I tried the big bath in hosptial but I couldn't get comfortable and it actually brought on harder contractions for me so i had to get out.

Kathryn, water is supposed to bring on stronger contractions - supposidly because you are to be more relaxed allowing your uterus to relax and contract more efficiently. I have done SOOOOO much reading up on waterbirths.

Take care
    Trish

They could have told me that BEFORE I got in LMAO.

i didnt tape joshuas till after he was born, id like to try and tape this one though, i think itd be really great to look back and go "wow id forgotten how painful that wasl" lol

take care
    Lesley

hi all, i had my second son's birth video tapped. it was not tasteful at all. it was focused on the business.... yummy

in saying that i am soooo grateful i have it. i love watching it.... it is amazing how you can be so calm in labour and then bang transition hits and you are out of control with contractions. it is all there, right down to the wanting to go home and i promise to come back tomorrow.

i love this video and watch it alot especially now i am pregnant again. i can't wait until the next one. i am amazed at what i am able to do. not only can i grow humans but i can push that big bloody huge thing out of my vagina. i am truely amazing. \/ as we all are!

i highly recommend videoing births.

love beckles

Ms Lee Guest

@ Beckles. Yes we are amazing aren't we!

nope, no inclination what so ever to tape the birth. I don't think I would ever want to watch myself going through labour (though a waterbirth could be okay).. I am actually hoping to have a waterbirth but it depends on my and bubs' constitution on the day