Thread: is this my show?:confused:

Default is this my show?:confused:

hi all....
    couple of questions...
    i think ive just gotten the first of my show(are we sure there isnt another word)... TMI but, little bit stringy, red with first wipe, now brownish.
    Having some very mild period pain, her head feels very low in my pelvis...
    Its my 7th wedding anniversary, so today we..... dtd....
    Plus as a joke i wanted to see if i could do star jumps in the park while walking the dogs( much to hubby's amusement)....
    Could this be it? or from jumping? or sex?
    and if it is my show do i need to tell midwife? or just go with the flo?
    im 36 weeks tomorrow
    Gill

tiggy Guest

It could be from any one of the things that you mentioned. Probably is your show. Keep in mind that this can come away up to two weeks before labour begins and you actually (and interestingly) have two shows. Most ladies don't notice the second one though as it usually comes away during the active part of labour.
    If you have the period like cramping, I would definately keep an eye on things. At 36 weeks, they're not likely to try and stop labour but if you are worried then you should ring your hospital and speak to a midwife.
    Good Luck, hun.

Ta Tiggy, i rang midwife... who called me a turkey for star jumping...
    seems to have stopped now.... i really want to wait one more week so i can have my bub at birth centre not hospital.... oh well, she'll come when shes good and ready....
    Just let mummy finish your washing little one... LOL
    Gill
    xoox

Hi Gill,
    I wrote somewhere about the starjumps. LOL did you read that post? I hope your little girl waits another week too, for your sake so you can have her in a birthing centre....
    Just hurry and finish that washing so then you dont have to stress, and NO more STAR JUMPS till 37 weeks!! LOL.
    Jenni

Hi Gill,
    You sound as bad as me. I'm not quitting on the activity eitehr, and I had a little bit of spotting about 10w ago. That was probably sex related too.....

I had a bit of funny discharge with my duaghter aqt about 40w, and thought it could have been my show, and then a few days later when this massive glob of grot came out, I knew the first bit hadn't been it.
    It really looked like it was enough to plug "up there" so I reckon once it comes, you wont be asking questions about it.

Hopefully just some niggles getting your prepared fory our llovely birth in the birth centre in about 2w time. Probabl about the same time as me! Good luck!

LOL Gill, thanks for the tips - I'm going to run out and do some star jumps!
    All the best!

wellllll........... no more star jumps for me....
    Jenni- nah i didnt, did it all stupidly on my own, was trying to humour myself and hubby, LOL... i ran up the stairs in our house too, he thought id fallen over caz of all the noise... hehehehehehehe. i was just feeling great yesterday.
    Well after about an hour or two of really strong BH, all seems calm this morning. Does this mean i should take it easy for the next week,:neutral: till 37? can i still walk everyday?
    Fi- are you the one who was describing ur show as a chicken foot? hehehehehe...
    Ta for getting back ladies, only little bit worried caz im so wanting my water birth at the Birth Centre... but if shes really ready to go, ill cope. Just hate hospitals....
    Finishing off the washing this morning, and now my little princess will prolly stay a while.
    Gill
    xoox

Snacks- i only did 5.... felt like i was going to fall thru the ground. LMAO.
    but let me know how u go....
    perhaps we could design a "getting labour started" video....
    Gill
    xoox

Gill - nope, mine looked like a gloopy clearish yellowish oyster. It was gross If only there were a sure fire way to get labour started naturally, I reckon you would be onto something there!!
    Do as much as you feel comfortable doing. Obviuosly dont overdo it, but if you are still able to walk without discomfort, its super good for you.
    I hear you on the birthing centre. I am hoping I dont go over so I can still be in our FBU cause I bloody hate the hospital too!! Who wants to share a room with someone