Thread: nasty rash

Default nasty rash

I have this very irritating rash on the lower part of my bump. Its soooo very itchy and sore. Theres little red bumps everywhere. I have no idea what it is. I need something to get rid of the itch. Anyone know of anything i can use thats safe during the last month of pregnancy? Any help will be great appreciated.

Hi Tegan-

Im not too sure what would help, i know of canestan(im not sure if its harmless or not in pregnancy), but im not sure if thats over-counter or prescription. Have you tried normal sorbelene cream, it might take the itch away and would be completely harmless, as it might be from dry skin Sorry i couldn't be much help, goodluck, hope the itch goes away soon

Tegan, there is a gel called Solugel. You can get it at chemist in a tube, it is fantastic, I used it for a spotty virus I had recently, you just rub the gel in and stops itching immediately, is really cheap too.

Is the gel alright to use during pregnancy min?

I dont want to worry you,but there is a condition during pregnancy called cholestasis,i think....it involves an itchy rash like the one you are desrcribing....
    i would go and see a doctor just to be sure,or at least ring the midwives and ask them if they think there is anything wrong....
    Just thought i would add my two cents worth....Hope you feel better and less itchy soon...

There is a cream called Soov or Soove, can't remember if it had an e. Anyway, it is really good for itches and is safe during pregnancy and fairly cheap.
    Hope you get it sorted and itch free soon!
    Take Care!

Tegan, it might just be a heat rash which a normal moisteriser should help with....

Tegan, I would go and see your OB about that. A rash can be a sign of problems with your liver! Don't mean to scare you, but just to be safe, I reckon you should have it checked out!

Teagan, it is fine to use in pregnancy. it is in place of calomine lotion as they are taking that off the market, but this stuff is 10 times better and no colour, so just rubs into your skin. i would use it to stop the itching, but yeah maybe go and see your doctor as well

Tegan I am another that would be going to get it checked out. there are quite a few rashes that can happen during pregnancy, some okay and some not so better to be safe than sorry IMO.

Love :hbeat:

Tegan,

Don’t be too worried, I’m sure you will get it checked out if you think you should. It sounds similar to a semi-rash I have which is more at the top of my bump, just a few red spots spaced out over my belly which are only a little bit itchy (hmm, having said that, it sounds totally different to yours!). Let us know how you go.

Not long to go!!!

Jess