Thread: need to scream and vent!

Kirsty77 Guest

Default need to scream and vent!

Well this has to be the best place for a 9 month pregnant women to vent. Just need to get this out as noone is home except Gemma!LOL!

Gem has had gastro since saturday morning, shes still not recovered. SHe only wants me which is fine but I'm absolutely exhausted. This morning at 2 am I woke feeling dizzy, the runs and feeling like I needed to vomit really badly. I had pains in my tummy, didn't quite feel like gastro, but what does gastro feel like at 9 months pregnant! I haven't vomited and my poos(sorry TMI) are not the yellow-ie gastro colour so I don't know what is going on. And to top it off I feel like someone has snuck in and sucked all my energy levels away. I feel emotional and just over everything and everyone and just not myself.

My mum just called to check how Gem's doing and I nearly lost it on the phone. As soon as I'd hung up I was sobbing, not just sobbing but HUGE sobs, you know the 'I feel sorry for myself' sobs! To top it off I'm due to ahve a c/s next week on wed and am wondering if I'll be well enough for it, and the fact that I could be exposing this bub to it if I do have it!

If only I could crawl into a hole and sleep and not have a 13 month old wailing at me cause shes not well either and just wants her mum!

Ok I'm off to cry again............

Oh Kirsty massive hugs matey. Gastro is just the pits. I really hope you don't get it - if you do go to hospital for some hydration. Gemma will get better soon, but I know it does seem to drag. And #2 will be fine, newborns are tough little mites. All the best and rant away!

Kirsty you poor honey I hope Gemma is better soon and this feeling for you passes quickly too. Just make sure you keep your fluids up if nothing else.

Kirsty - you're not possibly in prelabour are you hope it is that rather than gastro???? Hugs for you darl I hope you can grab some rest today if Gemma has some sleep such that if it is a bug in your system you can get rid of it quickly and be on the improve by next week.

I had pneumonia the week before I had Samuel and was in hospital for two days only to come out and go back on the following Tuesday for the c/s. I was in two minds to have it or not cause I was so crook but the physical relief of not having to carry and grow a baby in me at the same time trying to fight an infection enabled me to improve a lot faster (although coughing up a lung with a c/s scar is another thing LOL!!) - plus being in hospital with a new baby although still waking for feeds and everything allowed me to rest at times that I normally wouldn't. I know its not the same as gastro as its not contagious but I'm pretty sure that the gastro bug doesn't actually hang around that long and would be out of your system by next wed its just the recovery due to dehydration and associated weakness that is hard to get on top and recover from ( my unmedical opinion and all).

Then again if you are feeling really bad and the docs aren't keen I'm sure they'd let it slide a day or too until they think its best for both you and your little girl.

Hoping Gemma improves quickly too
    Last edited by jaspen; October 19th, 2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Oh you poor thing Kirsty.

Don't want to scare you.. but what you just described was my pre-labour! hehe. I hope you feel better soon, so you're fresh and ready to meet your new bundle

Hi Kristy,
    I hope you get well soon. I know how you feel with a 13 month old only wanting mummy and your crook too!
    I hope Gemma gets better soon and that your C/S goes well next week and you are well enough to have it!
    Sorry im not much help!
    Jenni

Hi Kristy - I feel your pain....
    Is there anyone who can watch Gemma for a day so you can get some rest? Ask for some help if you need it - there is no point in going towards next week knackered.

Vent away! Hope you (and Gemma) feel better soon. A quick cuddle may make the both of you feel a bit better.

Big hugs from us!

Ann

Makes me think Pre labour too!
    Also on the exposing bubs to it if it is gastro. Your body will be producing antibodies that you will passing on to your new bubba. So thats good.

Well Kirsty, sounds like the girls were right. It must have been pre-labour! I hope we hear a birth announcement soon....

kristy hope all goes well soon