Thread: Need some reassurance

Red face Need some reassurance

I'm guessing this is a severe case of the mummy-to-be guilts that i am having at 34w3d, but if someone can tell me that all is well then it will just make me feel better - how bad is it to eat not-recommended foods at this point, because I had, say, 2 handfuls worth of feta cheese last weekend and have been feeling soooooo guilty ever since! Yes i realise I am also a little hormonal, but thats what's bothering me right now.

Kirsty77 Guest

To be honest this pregnancy I haven't followed the what not to eat rules. I've eaten seafood(fresh), cheeses that I shouldn't(including feta), had the odd glass of wine etc etc. 2 handfuls of feta are not going to do any harm at this stage, providing they were fresh, not nearly out of date or anything.

Hi,
    I ate heaps of feta when I was pg and my son is fine. I didn't even know it was prohibited, lol. You'll be fine. Not long to go now!

I'm sure you've done no harm. If you didn't get sick then your baby is just fine too. :hugs:

Celsie. xoxox

Don't stress hun, nothing to feel guilty about! I am sure if it was going to have any bad effect it would have done so by now anyway.

Grosby Guest

If it was Australian Feta then you have nothing to worry about, as all our cheeses are pasturised, and this means it doesn't fall into the listeria category, you will be fine, don't stress.