Thread: Nesting

Red face Nesting

Did anyone have a hugh sensation to "nest" clean before they gave birth also how long if so did you give birth. As today i ahve forsed my slef to sit down for 1/2 hour to have lunch and post otherwise all i want to do is clean, but my back can not really take much for of that.

Kelly......absolutely.....with both Olivia and Charlie........

With Olivia it was just about all I did a month before she was born......obsessive!

WIth Charlie it was less so, but still full on....

I am sure it is hardwired into our brains so that our babes come home to a lovely clean envionment.......

Oh yes!
    For the two days before I went into labour with Emily I was cleaning like a madwoman.
    I've started with this one already LOL.

Your getting close now Tanya!! Good luck, hun!!!

Tulip ~ That sounds exactly like me! I was THE most unorganised person on earth before I got pregnant....I had no system for anything and my life was total chaos.

I'm pleased to say that the nesting frenzy that began when I was pregnant definitely stuck around after the baby was born DH couldn't believe the change in me when she was born and we've lived together for 10 years before she came along LOL.

I cant wait for nesting - I'm counting on it,LOL

Hey KHM

mine kicked into over drive in the last 2 days. I have tpo have a million lists with everything I want done written down, yesteday was a little nuts!!

I didnt have an nesting with my DD thou. Im hoping I dont keep going like this for the next 4 weeks..... Dh and DD might move out.

You havent got much longer to go so hopefully this is a good sign of things to come

Silvi Guest

I'm trying to clean the house as we speak but the other half doesn't make it any easy for me....grrrrrrrrrr

Kara Guest

rayla - don't count on it..... This was my (and my husbands)attitude and it never happened for my 1st baby. Luckily, my brothers girl friend came and cleaned the house while I was giving birth....

No nesting for #1 but a real urge to nest with #2. Not so much cleaning nesting, but sewing nesting. I wanted to make little nappies and slings and a hammock and bum wipes and all kinds of stuff. However, DS (who was 18mths old at the time) didn't let me have the time to do so....

I didn't do any nesting but just the usual cleaning of once a week pre kids! My mum was up scrubbing walls at midnight the day before she had me!

I was a nester with my last pregnancy for most of the pregnancy, I think - it really kicked in in the second trimester, and by 30 weeks was just rediculous! I don't know how many times I "sorted out" the cuboards, and cleaned under the beds, went through the babies clothes, folding and re-folding them. And I must have dusted the waiting cradle every second day!

merrie Guest

I am not as far along as you but I already feel the need to have my house cleaner and tidier. Nothing too excesive though.