Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nesting

pebbles2820 Guest

Wow, power tools, that is scary. I think I've used a sander once and a drill once, that's enough for me. Even though it would probably be safer in my house hold if I was the one to use power tools because my DH is incredibly accident prone, ha ha.

With my first I went so crazy cleaning that I even cleaned the ceilings (that was a week before I had him) With number 2 its started from conception I would clean nearly everyday and had a list of things to do on a daily basis.

Hi,

Ok I may be the only weird one - but does anyone else do a massive clean about 3 - 4 days before AF is due? I generally know its coming because I have this mad urge to clean everything I can.

Anyone else??

pebbles2820 Guest

do have more of an inclination to housework then but I don't know about cleaning everything, I have far to many hobbies to occupy my time,

clare076 Guest

Yeah Gargy, I used to get that pre AF cleaning syndrome. Isn't it a shame men dont get it once a month as well. At least the house would look spick and span twice a month.

Default Nesting?

I'm wondering how many of you mums out there have experienced "nesting" with this, or previous pregnancies, and how close did it happen to labour beginning?
    I just went on a cleaning rampage (tore apart all the closets and sorted through all the clothes and did all the laundry, and some dusting, sweeping, and general clean-up) and I'm curious if this is a sign that my body is getting ready, or more a sign that my closets REALLY needed to be cleaned.
    I've heard and read about nesting as an indicator that labour is getting close, but I'd like to hear from some real mums who have noticed a connection themselves between extra cleaning and labour starting. And did it mean labour in about 2 hours, two days, or two weeks?
    I know I'm early yet, and I'll wait as long as I have to, obviously, but I was a little surprised at my "enthusiasm" for clean closets! Was it an indicator of baby coming for you?

I seem to have nesting urges throughout the pg. I don't recall a particular urge close to labour.

With DS I just HAD to clean out the fridge - and I mean clean out the fridge! But that was at about 5 or 6 mths I think. Strained my back doing it too.

This time, I've had a few frenzies already.. cleaning up the office, cleaning out DS's room of clothes and things.. tidied up our room and sorted all our clothes. I'm DYING to get the venetian blinds professionally cleaned.. especially in our room where the baby will be.. and to attack the mould stains on the windows from the winter dampness. But I'm holding off on that until I find out if we're getting our lease renewed or not LOL. We're hitting the garage in the next couple of days and doing a big clean out too.

But yeah.. nothing specifically related to labour for me.

i haven't cleaned anything yet!!! in fact, i've got a sink full of dirty dishes looking at me right now!!

I have been nesting madly for the last couple of weeks (particularly this week) and on-and-off throughout this whole pregnancy. I had similar, but not as great nesting urges with my last pregnancy. I had a massive urge to clean our closets out last time and DS was born within days. This time I cleaned those same closets a couple of months ago!! I don't really know if nesting means labour is around the corner, I doubt it with me because I have had this urge for so long. It is probably different for everyone.

I think the best thing to do is just go with that nesting urge! You will be loving all the hard work you did once your bub is here.

I have to laugh at the nesting urge I had with my first son. The bathroom ceiling in the house we were renting was getting mouldy, so I decided to mop the ceiling !!

I am having urges around here lately. But yeah, I think it's more a need of things to be done. My room so needs to be done. I need to find a corner to put bub into.

Liz, I have the windows in my room to do too, for the same reason.

Hi Cricket
    I'm just starting to go through a nesting stage now and I'm only 27 weeks, so in this case I really hope it's not a sign of labour, but all the best to you!
    Take care
    xx

LizzysMum Guest

Hi Cricket,

I am due the exact same day as you... and i have been having some cleaning urges too. On Monday I had to clean the laundry!! what is that about????? I really want to tidy up around ehre but am impeded at the moment by a 3/4 finished wardrobe in the baby's room. So I can't even finish packing my hossy bag as the baby's drawers are pushed up against the wall and I can't open them. I am also have heaps of crap from the baby's room all over the house which is really annoying me.

Note to self - never get family to build stuff for you!!!!

I am resisting the urge to tidy the bathroom cupboards and linen press......but I know I will in the next day or so............

SueB Guest

Oh am glad i went looking for this thread

My DS just commented about my nesting and i said i wasn't nesting i didn't have an URGE to do it .. but considering i just dusted the roof i wonder now if he is right...

with my last DD i climbed onto the roof..lowset house and cleaned out the gutters cause a storm was coming.. i had a show that afternoon and she was born at 3pm the next day... oh i hope it's not a roof fetish i have LOL

Oh dear, it's struck early this time! I'm a few days off 18 weeks & have gone insane. My bathroom & toilet (they are separate) are spotless to the point of me on my hands & knees scrubbing the floor!! I'm going to attack my kitchen sooooon! Anyone else nesting?

OMG.... I am....
    Have spent the whole weekend cleaning and organising... and am still on a roll!!!
    And I am not a 'neat' person... in fact, Messy should be my middle name! So its highly unusual rofl!

Hmm. I never nested with Jack but DH went mad cleaning out all the kitchen cupboards and building shelves etc. I had the urge with Tom but was too sick and he arrived early so I never actually did it.

OT - Ambah, I've just noticed that your DD is due on Jack's birthday! It's a great day - it's also my sister's birthday.

With DD I went crazy at about 35 weeks, I cleaned tha carpets with one of those rent shampooers from woolworths (didnt want pros doing it incase they missed a spot..even though thwey prob would have done a better job then me).
    I got all DH, mine and all the babys clothes and ironed them all, same with blankets,sheets & towles.
    Just went through everything we owned and threw out what we didnt really want/need.

I look forward to it this time round!!

I was awake at 6 am this morning thinking about what I had to get done. Thankfully I managed to convince myself to stay in bed for a while. When I got up mid-morning, I started on the washing .... which I continued all day (which I never do). Have also gone through the cupboards. Tomorrow's chores will definitely include dusting, more vacuuming, mopping, and cleaning the glass and windows. Might also bake some cookies. Considering how fatigued I've been it's a miracle I have any energy at all at the moment. Didn't have any fatigue today. Btw I'm now 39 weeks

My partner is nesting at the moment too lol. I think he's worse than me. I'm convinced it's sympathetic. Anyone else experienced this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast