Thread: Nesting and can't stop thinking.....

Default Nesting and can't stop thinking.....

4:49am - managed to at least get 4 hours of solid sleep with this cold I have and strong braxton hicks contractions which keep me awake. Once I am awake I can't get myself back to sleep, I lay awake thinking of silly things like guessing bub's birthdate etc. I just walked past the wraps to be ironed and thought I might even iron those as well....haha I am just hopeless or is anyone else like this? I can never seem to get myself relaxed, and my body is waking up at times and then not letting me get back to sleep, obviously mother nature preparing me

Yep I was like that when I was pg with DS2! I was a terrible sleeper and a nesting machine LOL.

I definitely reckon it is nature's way of getting us used to broken sleep!

Hope your cold gets better soon

kirsty_lee Guest

hehe good to see im not the only one.. last week my nesting attack consisted of all of a sudden not liking the way the lounge room was set up.. so i moved the whole thing around f.y.i. not a good idea.. quite hard LOL.. then after that i washed EVERY single piece of baby clothing as well as the nappies and wraps and i ironed them ALL no joke LOL and you can ask anyone i know.. i do not iron.. ever.. bit of a shake after it being washed and she's apples..lol ... so i decided i'd iron the nappies too.. and ironed and folded them so they're ready to go. Then decided the wraps were too crinkly so i ironed them too... dp thought i was seriously insane LOL

I've been having a h3ll of a time trying to stay asleep lately, nothing works. Ok fine. Its like I'm super tense and vigilant, just waiting for something to pounce or I'll pounce or who knows but my nerves are at a fever pitch so I'm constantly "on call." Its seriously annoying. I wish brain would calm down. Relaxation techniques and exercise and yoga and chamomile tea help, but still...

Heheh on the ironing nappies. I had a day where I HAD to get all the baby's things washed and could not settle or stop until it was done. Didn't iron though. Ran out of energy. hehe.

Good to see I am not the only one out there on a nesting frenzy.... I rearranged the room around this morning, more so just making room in the wardrobe. Tomorrow I am going to see my sis-in-law who is giving me her electric steriliser and then I will make a start on sterilising bottles and dummies.

PMSL @ ironing the nappies! I'm so glad I was never that bad!! Didn't nest too bad this time but first time I was shocking....remember being up on the kitchen benches cleaning everything right from the top of the cupboards and pulling everything out of everywhere!

Tonight I am in the mood to bake and we don't have any flour so going to the shops tomorrow to stock up on what I need, and I will bake some muffins tomorrow.... Hubby will come home from work and laugh, I really feel like baking....

I'm the same - exhausted when I go to bed but then cant sleep as my mind starts thinking of all the baby stuff to do that I can't dwell on during the day as i'm at work!
    I think I am also getting the nesting thing. I can't wait to wash all my baby outfits and wraps and to finish work so I can clean our venetian blinds!!! They are killing me!!

LOL - nice to know I'm kinda normal!

I haven't allowed myself to nest yet (still got 2 days of work before I start my Maternity Leave - Yay!). Will start that in earnest next week...

But I too have trouble sleeping... my mind's going 100 miles an hour in the middle of the night and it's a real struggle to drift off again. That is SO not like me - I've always been able to put my head on the pillow and drift straight off!

Most of the things I'm thinking about at the moment is work related stuff because I know I need to get that all finished off, then I can begin to do baby stuff!

I look forward to posting next week with all the crazy nesting things I'm doing!! ha ha ha... I actually enjoy ironing, so I can see that I'll be going at it madly!

I am awake again and can't sleep just thinking of baby things again...... driving me nuts I just wish I could go to sleep.