Thread: Nesting- does it happen to everyone

maggie Guest

Default Nesting- does it happen to everyone

Hi

Well i am coming up 38weeks

Just wondering , does nesting happen to everyone.. I am at home most of the day and i still feel far to tired to be doing heaps of cleaning.. but should nesting be kicking in.. i am happy to do the babys room, pot around all day in there, but anything else in the house, forget it...

angelfish Guest

I don't think it does happen to everyone, or at least not to the same extent. It did with me - I remember with #1 wailing at my dh "I have so much to do, I CAN'T have this baby until our books are all in alphabetical order!". Also cooking lots of freezer meals, which was definitely one of the more useful things I did...
    But don't worry, you'll be busy enough when baby arrives, so why not take it easy and enjoy your last couple of weeks of pregnancy.

I did alot of nesting in bub's room but nowhere else! I rearranged his cupboards over & over again, but that was it for me!

I've been on maternity leave for all of August & am 40 weeks today (hopefully I'll go into labour soon) and didn't get a strong nesting instinct. Lucas' room is ready and I washed all his clothes etc. Admittedly the house is cleaner than it is usually, but thats more feeling guilty if I don't do anything and the fact that is normally not great - I hate cleaning so normally I put it off. I've watched heaps of DVD's in that time (Buffy/Angel/Firefly). At this point I figure I'll just not worry and get some relaxation in.
    Mal

I didn't nest with DS but my DH sure did. Maybe that's why I didn't - I didn't need to! DH built new shelves in the kitchen and rearranged all the cupboards. He was wonderful. This time I am nesting a little, there are things I want to do, but I mostly don't have the energy or time. DH has been great again, cleaning out our spare room that is about to become DS's new big boy bedroom.

Melanie

I had MAJOR nesting with #1...lol. I was up on a chair in my kitchen pulling everything out of the pantry and rearranging it and my house...well didn't look like my house...I am not THAT neat!

I got it a bit with #2, I started getting stressed about the house not being clean enough and in the last week I didn't want to go out, just wanted to stay at home. Luckily I had my mum here and she stopped me obsessing about the housework!

I've had it for a while now, but that just means that my house is like other people's houses rather than being a hovel... LOL It's weird, I'm now getting fussier about DH taking his boots off outside, and picky little things like that, and I never used to be like that at all!! I don't really like where we live, as well, because it leaks and the kitchen floor lino is dodgy, and I think that makes me feel like I have to make more effort than usual.

But I still think I'm going to get a cleaner in for the last couple of weeks of pregnancy and the first couple of weeks after the birth. When you get to the end, I think if you need the time for you and to rest, that's really OK - you're not going to get it afterwards, are you?!!

I havent nested other than the baby's room - I am constantly in there rearranging the furniture etc.

Other than that...just the usual house cleaning...and the basics at that.

As i get closer I may decide to take my mind off things by cleaning more.

I'm 36.5 weeks and haven't really had a strong nesting instinct....aside from listing a whole heap of stuff on Ebay that I've been meaning to get rid of for ages! I don't know that it happens to everyone.....seems like there are lots of pregnancy symptoms that don't happen to everyone!

baby4 Guest

HI THERE IM NEARLY 36 WEEKS PREGNANT AND FOR THE LAST WEEK MY HOUSE HAS BEEN SPOTLESS IF MY HUSBAND DROPS A TOWELL I YELL AT HIM TO PICK IT UP MY KIDS ARENT EVEN ALOUD TO PLAY IN THERE ROOMS AND I CANT GO TO SLEEP IF THERE IS DISHES ON THE SINK AND USUALLY I COULDNT CARE LESS THIS NEVER HAPPENED WITH MY OTHER CHILDREN AND I DONT NO WHATS GOING ON

LOL at your post in capitals baby4, I imagined someone yelling the whole thing!

I'd say I'm a bit tidier than usual, I get to the dishes a little quicker, but I usually go in spurts, like an hour or so of maniacical cleaning, and then my body goes 'WHOA that's enough' and I have to lie down

Books in alphabetical order Isabel!!