Thread: new born baby smell but havent had baby yet?

Default new born baby smell but havent had baby yet?

This is very weird - I have 4 weeks to go but i can smell a new born baby (I have smelt this before when my sister had baby) DH can not smell it but i can. i think the smell is coming from my breasts but i am not sure. I am not leaking and have not at all. I have been getting alot of braxton hicks contractions over the last week sometimes lasting all day does it mean i am getting close? or just getting over exited to see baby

Fee Guest

Not sure but it's weird you mention it. My DH thinks I smell like a newborn baby!!!

julesy Guest

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! I have sworn black and blue to everyone I know for the last 4 weeks that I smell 'milky', despite not having a discharge from my breasts (well, only once...at work, very embarressing!!). It's like my sweat glands are oozing baby or something! I kind of like it though, because it reminds me that I'm pregnant!

Julesy

lucysmummie Guest

WOW I thought I was just smelling weird things! DH thinks i smell like a baby.... hope u are getting close!!!

I would say it would be your milk.
    Did you know that Pg & BFing women put out a pheromone (sp?) that encourages those around them to DTD. Its like nature trying to encourange the species to grow.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh wow, that's really interesting Fiona.