Thread: No appointments?

Isabeau Guest

Exclamation No appointments?

I had a midwife appointment today and I am 37 weeks exactly
    I am supposed to have weekly appointments and havn't as of yet

anyway the midwife has not booked my next appointment until the 13th of April which is my due date
    because supposedly there were no appointments?

is this wrong?

I would have thought you would be having them weekly by now..

Isabeau Guest

I should be having them weekly since last week but this app. was a fornightly one again because no appointments open and now I have a 3 week wait if I even get to it

i would defn try and talk to someone at the hospy about this.. I think you are meant to have weekly at this stage.. Alan can you help??

i would be kicking up some fuss as well
    Dont let them tell you anything different.

I was seen weekly from 34 weeks on wards... but i think that was due to my high BP.

My last appointment was the day Chelsea was born at 39 weeks

I only had about 6 appointments through my entire pregnancy. they became weekly after 38 weeks for me.

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I had an apointment with my midwife at 36 weeks, then my next at 38 weeks. Then after 38 weeks, mine were meant to be weekly. After my 38week apointment, I was meant to come back a week later for my next appt
    but they were full for the next week and there were no free appointment times either, but they just put me in for an appointment anyway, although i gave birth before it so i didnt need it.

I've always had weekly appointments from 36 weeks until the birth. Personally I feel more comfortable with being seen weekly at the end even though it's a pain in the butt to haul yourself in there so pregnant. I had a couple of health issues though at the end of my second pregnancy so I felt better being seen more often.
    I would double check this if you're not comfortable with it.

I think 37 to 40 is also a bit extreme, I think they should be checking you and bubs out at least the 2 weeks prior

mrmoo Guest

They're now fortnightly until 40 weeks then they're weekly with the induction talk.

I've only been on fortnightly appts up until this week when I went and will go back next week unless something happens in the meantime. I think my appts have been pretty much what Shannon laid out.

I had fortnightly visits from 26 weeks and weekly visits from 36 weeks

I am having weekly visits but am share care so most of them are with my GP. I am having one at 38 weeks only because of a problem and otherwise wont see the hospital again till 41 weeks or labour.

I am birthing through a Family Birthing Centre & my appts are relatively close to what Shannon wrote... She asked me if I wnated weekly & i smiled & said No not unless there's an issue prior to reaching those dates, but she also told me I can call at anytime & go in if I am feeling un e3asy, anxious, worried or concerned...
    I wonder if the Easter festivities would be the reason your Hossy is so heavily booked!???